Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hickups in rendered video
JosNegro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2011 03:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Despite the mutiple crashes of PDR12 I got one video finished yesterday and found what I would call hickups throughout the video. Due to the frequent crashes I also edited the video with PDR10 and no such hickups occur.

For viewing the video produced with PDR12 watch http://youtu.be/Y-4gB2Z4S5k
For viewing the video produced with PDR10 watch http://youtu.be/AOZWEZRFssY

Anyone aware of this problem?
[Post New]
I'm having crash problems too. Seems to happen most of the time when I try to switch from one project to another. Although I've only had version 12 for a few days.

The hiccups you're talking about... Are they the blips seen at what looks like places where you split the movie and removed some part? Director Suite 2 (w/latest patches as of 9/30/2013)
Intel i7 930 2.8Ghz 6Gb Mem Asus 9600GT Video Card
John57 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2013 12:14 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I do see your blips and jitter between clips it seems. Are you using the 2109 patch version? Have you tried to change Windows performance options to best performance for background services and see if that would makes any difference? I just received my copy of PD 12 and would takes time to fully check it out.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
It would help if you posted DxDiag text file of you system configuration, so as the members can narrow down the possible problem. I viewed both you you tube videos and couldn't notice a great problem.
Post a DxDiag file as a text file please.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
JosNegro [Avatar]
[Post New]
DXDiag is attached for review. I discontinued using PDR12.0.2109.0 due to the problems reported and which have been referred to the development team. The blips and jitter (which is a far better phrase than using the term "hickups") occur not between but during the clips.

As far as James1 comments are concerned, the blips and jitter occur very frequently and it is annoying to watch. Look again please at http://youtu.be/Y-4gB2Z4S5k PDR10 rendered videos do not suffer from this problem.

Thanks for your help!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
367 time(s)
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Is this only if you upload directly to YouTube from within PD or does it also happen if you produce the file to a different format on your HD?

I can see the problem on YouTube for sure.

There can be issues with PD, wmv format and YouTube.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2013 05:38

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
JosNegro [Avatar]
[Post New]
As far as I can determine the problem is related to PD12 only. While playing the rendered video on my PC I see the same problems happening, so that does exclude YouTube as a possible source. Due to the incredible speed with which PD12 is able to convert, I had a couple of files transferred other codecs to MP4 and they also showed hickups. Similar videos produced with PD10 are flawless.
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As far as I can determine the problem is related to PD12 only. While playing the rendered video on my PC I see the same problems happening, so that does exclude YouTube as a possible source. Due to the incredible speed with which PD12 is able to convert, I had a couple of files transferred other codecs to MP4 and they also showed hickups. Similar videos produced with PD10 are flawless.

Rules that out then if you can confirm it.

Regardless, you'll find caution about going direct to YouTube in some posts here because of issues with the wmv conversion. I've never encountered it myself.
Worth knowing if you encounter the issue. YouTube have a suggested format for upload somewhere. It would be a bigger file.I think PD possibly goes with wmv because of the reduced file size.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2013 07:00

PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Worth knowing if you encounter the issue. YouTube have a suggested format for upload somewhere. It would be a bigger file.I think PD possibly goes with wmv because of the reduced file size.

It is in YouTube's help system:

https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?hl=en

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2013 10:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Note that YouTube will also accept .m2ts files (in 30p or 60p using the H.264 AVC format from PD's Produce page) without complaining. I always get a message about changing QuickTime settings if I upload .mp4 videos using the MPEG-4 1920 x 1080/30p (16 Mbps) format, but YouTube makes the adjustment automatically and they play fine.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°