Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Phil! I'll try that.

Greg
I would like to have a subtitle fade in and out with a photo; is there any way to do this? So far, I have not been able to find a way. The photo will fade in just fine but the subtitle does not; it just does a cut in and a cut out.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks Adrian.

Maybe that feature will be in a future upgrade.

Greg

Thanks so much for your replies, I really appreciate it.

I think, in my case, I'll just re-capture the video and make sure I stop it when it's over (as opposed to what I did last night which was start the recording/capture process on a two-hour vhs tape and let it run over night). I was hoping that PD8 would automatically stop recording when the video signal was no longer there but it just kept right on truckin' and that's how I ended up with about 7 hours worth of blank footage at the end of the clip.

It would be handy if a person could directly edit the original clip by splitting or trimming it, etc., by just highlighting the original clip and clicking on a Split or trim button and then delete the unwanted portion of the clip.....hint hint.

Thanks again,
Greg
Thanks Ed, for the reply!

Just so I'm clear on this, will that also delete the blank portion (permanently) from the original file on my computer? I was assuming it wouldn't because I thought that working in the timeline was non-destructive to the original file?
In my case I DO want to change the original because I want to permanently get rid of the blank footage to reduce the size of the file stored on my computer.

Greg
Hello all,
I have an original video clip recorded in PD8 that has a lot of blank space at the end of it (several hours in fact) and I would like to trim or cut it off of the "good" part.
I have done a lot of searching on this topic but I can't seem to find any information about it. I'm sure it's a simple task but it has eluded me so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Greg

Go to: