Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I was hoping that PD8 would automatically stop recording when the video signal was no longer there but it just kept right on truckin' and that's how I ended up with about 7 hours worth of blank footage at the end of the clip.

You can use the time limit feature when you are capturing. That's what I used on my stuff.. I would first go to the end of the tape, reset the counter and rewind on the VCR/Hi8 then set the timer in PD8 to stop after x amount of time. It works pretty well...
HI Greg, I just recently asked a very similar question. When you go through the produce process, you are creating a whole new file, so the original is going to still have all the junk on it you don't want.

Check the thread I started to see about rendering quickly using the same format you captured with to save you the most time.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/10502/ENU.page#46696
Thanks Bob, I think that is going to help greatly. I also had a PM that let me know that if I use the same output as what it was originally captured with that I could avoid encoding time - but I'm not sure what the default is for capturing DV media? (I do know that it's MPEG2 but not sure what specific settings)
Hi, I'm new to PowerDirector 8 (and video editing for that matter) and just spend the last few weeks dumping probably 100 hours of video to my computer. I'm now to the stage of trying to organize this mess and have some clips that are 4 hours long.

My goal is to cut everything into smaller pieces based on event or date so I can easily make some DVD's or whatever.

Is there a way to split videos without having to go through the "Produce" process every time?
Go to: