Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am going to be istallng powerdirector 8 ultra on a wndows 7 machine that will only be used for editing video, My question is what s the best way to install windows 7 plus what if any any codecs that may be needed.

cheers
Hi and thanks for reply, i understand that my footage is poor but in xp i can use the noise filter and it workes fine but in windows 7 it comes out weird. i dont know what in windows 7 will cause this but im fine using Xp for the editing if i have to

cheers
I have installed xp on the same machine and installed powerdirector and for some reason it seems to be fine now, so im guessing that my windows 7 was the problem, although i dont see why
I have been told by a friend that i need to deinterlace my video file, is that right? and how would i do that?

cheers
My Camera is a Sony DCR-HC51E mini Dv type
Capture format is Avi 720x576

Powerdirector build 8.00.2704

My Setup is

Windows 7
Cpu E6750
4 Gig ram
HD 4670 Graphics
Display is a 26inch flat screen TV
do you mean a screenshot of the powerdirector with my video in the timeline?

cheers
I have a rather noisy bit of footage that was shot in a dim room, so i apply the DeNoise filter to it at default setting and the resulting video produced has kind off blocky vertical lines in it. you can see what i mean in this still shot, look to the upper teft corner to see it best

Hi, and thanks for reply. i understand that i can export an AVCHD file and mess around with its settings, but i just dont see the point in that unless i can burn it to dvd. in corel video studio you can create a AVCHD dvd and are able to change the bit rates before you burn to disc but are not able to with powerdirector. corel video studio is very slow thats why i would prefer to be able to do this with powerdirector.

cheers
Hi, im am quite new to powerdirector and maybe im missing something here, but it seems crazy to me that when creating a avchd disc there is no way to change the bitrate's etc to make it fit to a dvd disc.

cheers
Go to: