Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have the same "display shutting down and restarting" error during bluray and DVD playback with PowerDVD 9 (still using the trial bundled with my drive).
I am using a radeon 4850 linked via dvi to my LG 227.
I do not think this is a HDCP problem as this should not interfere with DVD playback and i do not get the "HDCP compliant error".
Sound playback continues uninterrupted while the display restarts.
The error happens even while playback is paused, and even paused, windowed and in the background.
I get no error messages, and everything else works fine with the current version of PowerDVD, and it is the only program which produces this error.
I thought at first it is a problem with the catalyst driver, but there is no message indicating this, and the problem remained with different driver versions (9.10, 9.12, 10.1).
Apart from this error PowerDVD would be my favourite playback program for blurays, so it would by great if someone had a solution.
I got the same problem.
I am using the Version of PowerDVD which came bundled with my LG Bluray drive. At first it was unusable, with no sound and a heavy pixelated greenish image from bluray.
Three days ago i updated PowerDVD, an now it performs marvelous...except for frequent monitor "blackouts". These are between 30 seconds to 5 minutes apart from each other. The screen goes completely black for about 3 Seconds, and when the picture comes back, playback hangs for additional 2 seconds.
Sound keeps playing through this, an after the hang everything is back to normal, until the next blackout.
Hardware is ati 4850 (no difference using catalyst 9.10, 9.12, 10.1) connected via HDMI to a LG W227 Display.
I do not think this is a HDCP issue, as it happens with DVD playback too.
The error occurs during playback, when playback is paused, in windowed mode and even while paused, windowed and in the background. The whole screen just goes black.
I think it occured more often with folding@home:gpu running (high gpu load), but the playback between blackouts was steady. Without FaH gpu usage never exceeds 10% during bluray playback.

I was planning on purchasing PowerDVD ultra to use surround sound, but at the moment i am assuming this problem would occur in ultra too, so I would appreciate a solution.
Go to: