Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interestingly, I can play the MOD files as expected on this computer using the Media Player Classic application. I'm not sure, but this makes me believe the problem isn't with the computer, sound device, or operating system codecs... and is instead within PD8. Like I said, I'm not sure.
I installed ffdshow_rev3207_20100118. No luck. The mod file is supposed to be an MPEG-2 file, so I made sure ffdshow was configured to decode all MPG2 variants, but I didn't see any different behaviour in PD8.

What's odd is that PD8 on this computer has worked just fine with MOD files for the past month. The ma4 bug led to an uninstall/reinstall sequence that left PD8 in a state where it no longer handles the MOD files.

I found a sample MOD file on the net from a user with a Canon FS100 camera. After loading it in PD8 in the timeline, I click play and receive the same message: "PowerDirector could not construct the media source as a graph. This may be due to a lack of decoding filters for the file you are trying to edit."

Hmmm....
Thank you for your assistance! One clarification... I am receiving this error message whenever attempting to play a MOD file in any PDS, even when there is no music added. It wouldn't be a problem if it was just m4a audio because I could avoid using that. To answer your questions specifically:

I added my camera spec to the forum (Canon FS11).

I tested Produce functionality with one of the PSD files without any music defined. When I clicked Start, the process started but then PD generated the same error message (could not construct the media source as a graph... lack of decoding filters). It seems that somehow PD has lost the ability to handle the MOD files.

The m4a audio was from iTunes. Technically it was "I've got a feeling" from the Black-eyed Peas. I don't believe it was encrypted.

At this point I can completely avoid the m4a file; I am hoping to get PD back to a state where it will play the MOD files with no music added and then I can move forward from there.

I will send you a PM with the info requested. Thanks again for your assistance.

Brian
I have PowerDirector 8 on a new computer purchased at Christmas just for Video Editing. I have completed approximately 15 projects but until recently had not incorporated any sound. I tried loading a M4A file and ran into the Media Source Error message, which has led me to learn a whole lot more about Cyberlink support and these forums!

Ever since attempting to add the M4A file to one of the PDS projects, I have not been able to successfully play an existing or new PDS project. Here's what I have done thus far:

What happened:
1. Attempted to add a M4A file to a movie
2. Received media source error - CyberLink PowerDirector could not construct the media source as a graph. This may be due to a lack of decoding filters for the file you are trying to edit.
3. Read the forums that indicated MP3 was supported and there were problems with M4A
4. Converted the audio file to MP3
5. Loaded the MP3 into the music track for the desired PDS
6. Same error message for the PDS with music and with PDS files without any music loaded.
7. Uninstalled PowerDirector per instructions in forum, including removing registry keys and remaining files in Program Files folder.
8. Reinstalled PowerDirect v8 without patch
9. Tried to play a PDS file. Received same error message
10. Applied patch 2508
11. Tried to play a PDS file; received the same error message. In addition to the error message, none of the video clips in the workspace or timeline have images - just black squares. The file references are still valid (no 0,0,0).

All video clips are .MOD files from a Canon FS11 camcorder with an audio track.
I have since uninstalled and resintalled a couple more times, including running CClean hoping that would change something.

Unfortunately I don't have a checkpoint. Do you have any suggestions before I reload the OS from scratch?
Go to: