Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interesting dilemma. I downloaded the trial version from the CL website and have Windows 7 and have no problems. I also had other video editing trial versions installed while evaluating PD8.

Wished I could help you more. But it could be something as deep as a bad disk sector when you can't even get it to start.
PD8 readme files suggests to "turn off" all running programs INCLUDING your antivirus program while installing. I have W7 and it installed fine. Sony (like Dell) usually has some of their software running in the background. Go to the small taskbar on the lower right and right click on them to exit any of their programs as well as the antivirus programs and reinstall PD8 (PD8 should automatically uninstall after seeing it is all ready installed, so choose "yes" to uninstall what you have now). Make sure you allow the "default" values to pick where it wants to install and what it wants to install in the choice screens.

You should get a "permission" prompt once or twice to allow permission to change W7, which you should allow.

Hope this helps.

Dan
Go to: