Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A stroke of luck...

I have found the workaround to get PD8 working under Win7.

I have configured Win7 to run PD8 as administrator! So as a mere mortal Win7 doesn't allow PD8 to start other PD modules.

I haven't figured out yet if this is Win7 anomaly or a PD bug.

What do you think??

Hans :
Thanks for all of you who took the effort to reply.

When I mentioned "irrelevant", I meant that even when I start PD without loading a project and I only put one of the default JPG's in the timeline, even then 'produce' will hang. The Win event viewer signals that it hangs but does not give any useful info. The

Is there any way to analyse what PD is doing or trying to do?

I naively thought that this problem might be known.

A bit more info:
- I upgraded Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Home Premium
- I am running a quad core Dell XPS 420
- It has a 768MB DDR3 nVidiaR GeForceR 8800 GTX video card
Windows 7 - Clips are irrelevant. It always hangs! Even in the default startup screen.
I upgraded to PD8 not so long ago while running Windows Vista. I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Last week I edited a new project and wanted to produce the output. However every time I press 'Produce' PD8 hangs. I have completely re-installed PD8 on the advice of Cyberlink Support, but to no avail...

In task manager I can see PD8 using 25% of the processor time so it seems to be "in a loop". You can only force it to quit.

Has anyone experienced this same behaviour?

Frustrated!!
Go to: