Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 and Windows 7 - PD8 hangs on "produce"
HANS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2009 04:28 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to PD8 not so long ago while running Windows Vista. I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Last week I edited a new project and wanted to produce the output. However every time I press 'Produce' PD8 hangs. I have completely re-installed PD8 on the advice of Cyberlink Support, but to no avail...

In task manager I can see PD8 using 25% of the processor time so it seems to be "in a loop". You can only force it to quit.

Has anyone experienced this same behaviour?

Frustrated!!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hans -

Can you give some info about the format of the clips imported, your operating system and what effects you included in the project???

or - in Dafydd talk - Give us the dirt on the CF, OS & FX

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
HANS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Windows 7 - Clips are irrelevant. It always hangs! Even in the default startup screen.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Whatever you say, Hans. I suppose, pretty soon, all the other Win7 users will pop in to confirm your observation.

Sorry - without some more information, there's nothing much else can be said or done.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a Windows 7 64bit user and am not experiencing the problems you describing.

I'm using 1920x1080 MTS files from my Sony AVCHD Camera.

I can't really provide much more support than that Hans.

Some advice, if someone takes the time to answer your post and asks you for specific information, I'd provide it rather than dismiss it as 'irrelevant'.

The type of clips you are using and the effects you have applied to them are not irrelevant when attempting to solve a problem like this.

Andrew

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Was your win7 a clean install or an upgrade from Vista?

Make sure you have the latest win7 video card drivers from the video card vendor (not from microsoft update). These will come from AMD or Nvidia depending on your card. Make sure you have AVIVO or CUDA installed depending on your video card.

Let us know if you've done that. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
HANS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all of you who took the effort to reply.

When I mentioned "irrelevant", I meant that even when I start PD without loading a project and I only put one of the default JPG's in the timeline, even then 'produce' will hang. The Win event viewer signals that it hangs but does not give any useful info. The

Is there any way to analyse what PD is doing or trying to do?

I naively thought that this problem might be known.

A bit more info:
- I upgraded Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Home Premium
- I am running a quad core Dell XPS 420
- It has a 768MB DDR3 nVidiaR GeForceR 8800 GTX video card
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hans,

I think Tony misquoted me earlier but I don't mind as I like to laugh.

On this forum members require the maximum amount of information to ascertain what might be happening.

I'd like you to provide PART A, and B from the list below. I think you need to carry out PART C, though I think you've done this already.

Information is the key that will unlock the problem.

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART C
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2009 15:38

HANS [Avatar]
[Post New]
A stroke of luck...

I have found the workaround to get PD8 working under Win7.

I have configured Win7 to run PD8 as administrator! So as a mere mortal Win7 doesn't allow PD8 to start other PD modules.

I haven't figured out yet if this is Win7 anomaly or a PD bug.

What do you think??

Hans :
Jerry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2009 09:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hans -

I'm having the same problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled per Cyberlink's Customer Support team's instructions, but the program crashes every time . . . on every possible type of file available on the Produce tab. And I'm talking simple projects. The last time I tried it all I used were the default graphics and the Nature.mpg video in the default new poject load. (Yes, I know how to turn that off.)

I tried running as an Administrator, but that didn't work for me either.

And what's so strange is that the program was working fine and all of a sudden it crashes on Produce. I was able to make a DVD this morning though. I'm running Windows Vista. Any additional help would be appreciated.

Jerry