Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So....there you have it. The company that produces the disc is the creator of the problem.....and why???...well to protect their product no doubt. In their minds eye they see the more protection they put on the disc the better it is for their bottom line...all the while forgetting that if nobody can get it to play that the coffers will not be overflowing. This can all be blamed on the movie pirates and P2P monkeys out there that insist on ripping and sharing with the world something that was NOT theirs to share in the first place. DRM is driving me mad...I mean I understand why....but I still am ticked when it affects me in ways that it should not.....like a disc that will not play....because of a codec...or some other form of protection that will not allow a digital stream to go from one device to another......all beacuse some monkey in a hole somewhere is streaming torrents to the world.... . Ok I am done my rant...as I said...I would just like things to work when I pay for them,,,plain and simple.....
Nope ....I do not have access to any other player. I built this computer to record TV and play movies. 99.9% of all the DVD's I have placed in it's tray have played...without issue but blue rays are a different story altogether. I think I can honestly say that the 10 or so blue rays I have rented (yes I am gun shy) only 3 have not given me some kind of grief. Usually a system restart will clear up the problem.... but most of the time I have had to upgrade something or other to get it to play. To me this is not acceptable. Whether it be the movie companies or the software developers...something has got to be fixed so this stuff just works. I should NOT!!! have to buy a standalone player to garuntee playback......who or what does that serve??? The problem just needs to get fixed....put a movie in...and it plays.....sounds like a novel idea......NOT!!
Yep...rented it thisi weekend and could not play it. Quite frankly I am fed up with this crap. The software should simply do what it says it will do.....PLAY BLUE RAY!!!. I do not need to jump through hoops to make this happen. PATCH it DAMMIT!!!!...
Go to: