Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After some searching on the net, I found my fix:

"All you need to do is click on directors zone, login/register and download a dvd menu. double click, it will install and you can now burn"

PD works fine on E drive. There were no solutions here in this forum, just people with problems.

thanks,

Gary

Yep, that's about how I would describe it. When I go to that tab it gives me the big red X with this text,

" components initialization failed. There might have been a problem during installation, please install again."

followed by another little screen:

Power Director with yellow exclamation mark!

"Create disc page initializing error! Components initialization failed. There might have been problems during installation. Please install again."

just close them. No CTD.

So I did uninstall-reinstall. And there is nothing out of the ordinary with the install process that I can see. I don't place it on C, if that matters.

My sys specs.

XP64bit
8gb ram
Athlon 6000 dual 3.1
DVD writer
Power Director Deluxe 7.0.1628

This is the first time using the product so it has never worked. When first installed it did ask me to update with a patch. I did. But after the uninstall, I didnt re-apply the patch. Just going to wait until I get some direction.

Where would I go to sort this out? any links?

Thanks,,
Gary
Thanks guys. Your advice really does help and we do appreciate it.. Its just daunting to change programs when I know right where/how all my stuff works in Pinnacle. Honestly I wouldn't change as I am very happy with the results from Pinnacle.
Its just that every once in awhile when I work directly with .tod files from the JVC, I drop one in the time-line and it is cut off about a minute or so. I have to re-copy it from the camera nd re-introduce it to Pinnacle in order to get the entire video.
Sometimes the audio gets out of sync on a fade. And I know as soon as I ask JVC tech support they will say, "why aren't you using the supplied software?" .mpg's are perfect. No issues at all.

But for the nice cheap price of upgrading PD, I wouldn't mind seeing if I could get past those two issues. Truthfully, I don't need much more than the one fade effect and the timedate stamp out of a software program and if PD can help me in those regards, I'll take the plunge.

Bob, I keep a black .jpg for my black background. Titles fade in nicely on that. It works as a great blend slide. But, looks like PD gives us the black color thinghys built right into program. Pretty cool.

Guys, thanks again for the help. Look for me again for a nudge in the right direction from you guys.

Gary B.
Ok, very good. Thats what I thought. Actually I sent the same questions into tech support at Cyberlink before posting here and they said neither function existed for this product. I just couldn't believe that and I should have posted here with users in the first place.

What I really would like to have is the time/date code data straight from the camera but with HD you cant get that as I have been told. I have an analog camera that will show the data when captured through a dazzle contraption but the picture quality is fairly low.
So I can use a counter that counts up from zero and accomplish nearly the same thing. Anything that that lawyer can refer to at an exact moment. Sometimes the depositions go for for 3-4 hours at a time. Imagine trying to remember where the client said something particular and then trying to search. Its easy for them to jot down the time that they asked the question, during questioning and then they can go straight to it. While sitting there I have no idea what is important and what isn't. I just record. So if I cant get the time/date stamped, a counter is the next best thing.

Thanks for your replies. Before I throw the switch and purchase, what do you like about this level of editing software? As opposed to maybe Pinnacle12 or Corel12. Pinnacle is a bit glitchy at times but it does do most all my needs. I was hoping that PD would play nicer with the .tod and avchd files since it is bundled with the camera. For around a $65.00 upgrade I thought it might be worth it.

Thanks again,

Gary B.
I have version 6 that came with my JVC GZ-HD30us. I was thinking of upgrading to PD8 and I am currently using Pinnacle12. There is a feature that I use in every video that fades the clip in from black, or fades out to black. Just drop it on the clip and then you can adjust the length of time to fade in.
Does PD8 have a feature like this? I also used it on Windows MM when I first started editing.

Is there by any chance a plugin or addon to place a timer, that counts upward, into a clip? I video depositions for lawyers and they like to have that feature to find specific places when they question clients. Anything like that exist for PD8?

Thanks,
Gary B.
Go to: