Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Vomits when selecting Create Disc tab
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Virginia Beach Joined: Oct 24, 2009 19:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, that's about how I would describe it. When I go to that tab it gives me the big red X with this text,

" components initialization failed. There might have been a problem during installation, please install again."

followed by another little screen:

Power Director with yellow exclamation mark!

"Create disc page initializing error! Components initialization failed. There might have been problems during installation. Please install again."

just close them. No CTD.

So I did uninstall-reinstall. And there is nothing out of the ordinary with the install process that I can see. I don't place it on C, if that matters.

My sys specs.

XP64bit
8gb ram
Athlon 6000 dual 3.1
DVD writer
Power Director Deluxe 7.0.1628

This is the first time using the product so it has never worked. When first installed it did ask me to update with a patch. I did. But after the uninstall, I didnt re-apply the patch. Just going to wait until I get some direction.

Where would I go to sort this out? any links?

Thanks,,
Gary
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary,

Assuming that you have a full retail version of PDR7 Deluxe, the first thing you need to do is download the latest update to bring your version up to build 3017.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

If the issue still persists, report back.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary,

PowerDirector should ALWAYS be installed on your primary drive "C"

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Virginia Beach Joined: Oct 24, 2009 19:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
After some searching on the net, I found my fix:

"All you need to do is click on directors zone, login/register and download a dvd menu. double click, it will install and you can now burn"

PD works fine on E drive. There were no solutions here in this forum, just people with problems.

thanks,

Gary