Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows 7 isn't a Release Candidate anymore so they won't be able to use that excuse now.

I haven't had a response from them but I'll be sure to post back here when I do. It is annoying though because it means I can't watch any movies at the moment.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I've opened a support ticket with them and have sent them the two files they asked for. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Hi all,

I've been experiencing some problems with Power DVD 9 since upgrading to Windows 7 earlier today.

I'm using Power DVD 9 Ultra build 2201, it's not an OEM install. I purchased Power DVD about a year ago and had no problems at all with Vista.

Essentially, whenever I open up Power DVD it will freeze after about 5 seconds. It doesn't matter whether I click on anything or not, I'll just open it up and it will freeze after 5 seconds. It locks up the whole PC, keyboard is frozen, mouse is frozen, can't Ctrl Alt Del or anything - my only option is to manually hold down my PC's power button to force an unclean shutdown and then boot back up. This behaviour is 100% reproducible and happens every time I load up Power DVD 9, no other applications I have installed trigger this behaviour. It doesn't write anything to the event log either.

I've also tried the two builds prior to 2201 and have the same problem with them. All three of these builds were fine under Vista with no problems at all in a year of use.

I did a full hard drive format when I installed Windows 7, installed all the latest drivers and re-installed all my applications. Everything else is absolutely fine but Power DVD is giving me problems.

It's Windows 7 Professional and I'm using a DVI connection (both graphics card and monitor are HDCP compatible)

EDIT : As an update to this, I've just tried running Power DVD in Windows XP Mode (included with Windows 7 Professional) and can confirm it works flawlessly with that. The problem only ocurrs when using it natively in Windows 7.
Go to: