Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Because these same blend modes are available in some video programs and video plugins, and can combine two images--whether still or video--the same way to achieve the same effect. (Of course, the difference in the video is the image is moving, but aside from that...) I used Gimp's example because it explained blend modes better than the video tutorials.
Thank you for the reply, but there should be more options. This (slow-loading) page illustrates pretty simply what you could do with other modes:
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-layer-modes.html

Perhaps there a (free) plugin for this somewhere?
I've been using PowerDirector for nearly 7 years but cannot find a way to "blend" overlays other than adjusting opacity. Easy enough to multiply, overlay, darken, lighten, etc. in PS Elements (which I otherwise dislike immensely). There must be a way to do this in PD12, right? The effect I'm aiming for looks something like this: vimeo.com/102478415

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Also, I have ColorDirector12. Should I cross post this question in that forum?
"Split the create process into a produce file and then write to disc, so you can use the progressive option." Tried that - but when burning DVDs, interlacing is automatic, and the results still look like pinstriped garbage. Or did I do something wrong? Seriously - no progressive option when creating DVDs? That seems like a huge oversight. Please tell me there's a fix for this by now because I really do not want to go back to Rox...
Go to: