Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are the blend modes?
sausher67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2009 19:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PowerDirector for nearly 7 years but cannot find a way to "blend" overlays other than adjusting opacity. Easy enough to multiply, overlay, darken, lighten, etc. in PS Elements (which I otherwise dislike immensely). There must be a way to do this in PD12, right? The effect I'm aiming for looks something like this: vimeo.com/102478415

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Also, I have ColorDirector12. Should I cross post this question in that forum?
[Post New]
I do not know if I understood right.
Use the opacity line to mix images see image

[Thumb - Opacity level.png]
 Filename
Opacity level.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
570 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2015 10:18

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
sausher67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply, but there should be more options. This (slow-loading) page illustrates pretty simply what you could do with other modes:
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-layer-modes.html

Perhaps there a (free) plugin for this somewhere?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Why are you comparing a video editing program to two image(photo) editing programs? They do different jobs.
sausher67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Because these same blend modes are available in some video programs and video plugins, and can combine two images--whether still or video--the same way to achieve the same effect. (Of course, the difference in the video is the image is moving, but aside from that...) I used Gimp's example because it explained blend modes better than the video tutorials.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2015 15:24