Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, I used the automated tool and got the Java request.

I never ever use Fast video rendering technology nor hardware video encoder. Should I? I never have because every time I see someone comes across a bug in their program the first suggestion is to turn both off. So, I just don't use it.

As I said, I took out the effect that I thought might be causeing the problem and it produced the xavcs no problem. But still not the h.264 avc that I always prefer. I rendered a different project using the h.264 and it worked fine. The original project just doesnt agree with the H.264with that one specific project I originally asked about.. I just hope it's a fluke I can't figure out and it will never happen again. Thta's all I can do at this point.

I'm undecided onto whether to go on and uninstall PD, then update all drivers, then install PD (with all patches up to date) or not.

If you had to download Java at the nVidia site you must have tried to use the automated tool. You can also directly enter your video card and click the "search" button. The second link was a "results" page and you wouldn't have been asked to install java there.

I'm glad you isolated the problem clip and effect. When you produce, try unchecking the Fast video rendering technology box and see if you can produce all the way through. It will take longer, but if that works then we'd know the problem is with the nVidia card or driver. You can also try selecting the clips on either side of the problematic section and use Range Produce if you don't want to produce the whole video, like this:

Update! I removed a short particle and a 3 second sound byte and I was able to produce an xavc s fast and easy. BUT when I tried the h.264 avc again it did the same exact thing at nearly the same place (percentage rendered). What in the world. Now I'm REALLY stumped. At least I have my movie thank the lord, but ... geez, I need this to "work right", ya know?
ps, wanted to add that I"m more appreciative of you and this forum than you can imagine. I earn a bitty income, but this is my "career".
Thanks so much for the help. I ended up trying to do card update and it kept saying I needed Java no matter what I did (I downloaded it). So I ended up trying your second option. I then tried it with othe comparable projects as well as another video produced with the same video clips but nothing edited (added). It all went great! However the current project keeps crashing during rendering. So now, I think I did something stupid. I didn't try other projects, etc, to see if it was the specific project crashing on me while rendering or if it was with everything. In anycase, I've determined at the moment that it is just that project (and not a seperate trial with the same video clips, not effects, etc). So I'm happy the main issue is fine now. I'm mad about my current project I worked so hard on, because I can't seem to figure out why it wont render. It doesn't have complex editing. I know I've moved onto a diff subject here, but .... before I go...... any suggestions?

One thing I'll mention is that the driver for your nVidia card is from last Sept, so you can get the latest one from here.

If you're running PD16 and you have just updated to v3424, the latest driver will work fine. If you don't want to install the latest PD patch again, you'll need to use this older driver, because the patch is what allows PD to work with the latest nVidia drivers, which is an entirely spearate issue from this thread!
Well, now I have a ticket in too. I feel like my issue might be a hair different. Let me explain. My 16 was working perfectly when a window appeared forcing me to update with the new patch from this site.. I did it. Restarted the computer, opened PD, and went back to try to produce my movie. It processed for a few minutes, then closed, and the small window came up to send a report. The PATCH did this to mine. It was fine seconds before I installed the last patch ... which ironically was supposed to help this very problem was it not? I'd love to unistall and reinstall just to try it even though I see it's not helping others, but I am in the middle of an important project that i absolutely cannot loose. Out of curiousity if I did uninstall/reinstall would I loose that saved project or no? (I'm not about to take that risk at this point, but wanted to know).

Just in case, I put my dxdiag thing on this post.
This is live saving lol. Thank you
Yes happy happy happy! Thank you so much. Such wonderful help.

I can't believe I left out what PowerDirector I have. Not to mention its not truly the latest. It is 12.

Yes burning to regular DVD but making it an AVCHD formatted one so it will play HD in a bluray player.

I didn't know that about the i and p quality outcome that you told me! Neat.

1) When shooting the 1920x1080/60p MP4 (although it does have a 30p setting I could choose) which of the two options would I choose in Produce. Would I choose mp4 1920x1080/24p or the 1920x1080/30p?

2) With my sony camera that shoots .m2ts 1080i, it says 29 fps in the details of the video file properties, so should I choose H.264 AVC 1920xx1080 24p or 60p in the produce?

3) In as far as my Note 4's 4K mp4, videos on computer or on AVCHD disk being jittery ... you said "I have Note 3 and I do match the video bitrate which is 48.5Mb/sec". I am unsure as to how or where to do that. My Note 4 4k setting is 3840x2160 with a bitrate of 288kbps listed in the file properties. Would that be a bit rate of 28.8mbs and where do I find to match that? Interesting ... I researched online and it says my camera does this "4K Ultra HD at 30 frames per second with a bit rate of 48 Mbps (High profile H.264)"

Hi. I know this must be a question asked by people a million times. So I'm really sorry for asking it myself. But I've researched off and on for years ago this and still have been ishy on what the answer is. People always answer other peoples same question with long, long explanations. Which the time and education is much appreciated ... there is never a direct answer within the comments. Now that I'm dealing with a later version of Power Director and HD and 4k... I'm even more in the dark and I definately needing a direct answer.

My question is simple. When I produce a movie file, what option should I choose when I am working with the following video files. I know to keep it the same so there is little to no conversion. But I am having SO much trouble matching things and the quality is not coming out well.

I am making AVCHD disks since I dont have a bluray burner by the way (dont know what setting to burn on either).

1) 1920x1080/60p, MP4, [18565 bitrate] (Samsung Note 4 camera)

2) 3840x2160 (30P fps I think)), mp4 (same device)

and 3) AVCHD (.m2ts) 1080i, it says 29 fps in the details of the video file properties, [bitrate 22305] (Sony TX10 camera)

Another issue now that I'm here. I'm a little dumbfounded by my Note 4 that takes 4k. When I do, and upload it to YouTube or put it on an AVCHD disk (granted I dont know what I'm doing with the options there), its jittery. Lots of artifacte and annoying. I mean even if my computer and screen and tv aren't up to 4K, wouldn't it'd be clear and smooth on YT? Everyone elses 4k is when I view it. I'm wondering why that is. I'm wondering if I should just stick with recording 1080/60p or something and not recording in 4k. I just thought itd be good to for whenever I am caught up wtih 4k equipment, ya know?
I forgot, here is the info about my camera. I kinda don't get it. info all over says it shoots in 1920x1080, etc. But, when I take the vids off, the properties say they are 1440x1080. I think I can change the setting, but I wasn't familiar with the fx, etc, letters ... I'm guessing those are the options. And sheesh, I'm not sure what I should go with to use in Cyberlink. I'm a mess.

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/DSCTX10_mksp.pdf
Hi, I know this has been asked a million times over, so I'm sorry. But even with searching I could not quite find the exact info I needed. I am so new So forgive me if I am redundant here.

I have a cybershot sony tx10 that takes 1080i avchd vids (1440x1080). And so I have questions about production and burning with PowerDirector 7 (Ultra I believe).

1) What is the highest quality file I can use to save my work in and so that I can burn it to bluray disks later down the road when I get a burner?
In the "Produce File", I see HD options under Mpeg-2 as well as under AVCHD. Which is confusing for me. And within those two areas, there are even more choices for HD files that have my head spinning. The capured vids I am working with are 1440x1080; 1080i; AVCHD; m2ts (I didn't know which info you needed there).

For example, I see the following options that seem to match my raw files (0r do I rule out the 1920 right off the bat?). I can't remember if there are even more to choose from:
MPEG-2 BD -- 1440x1080 -- .mpg -- 24.83Mbps -- 298MB
MPEG-2 BD -- 1920x1080 -- .mpg -- 24.73Mbps -- 296MB
MPEG-2 HDV -- 1440x1080 -- .mpg -- 24.67Mbps -- 295MB
H.264 AVCHD-24Mbps -- 1920x1080 -- .m2t -- 16.78Mbps -- 204MB
H.264 AVCHD -- 1440x1080 -- .m2t -- 16.77Mbps -- 198MB

2) For burning to standard disks, what is the best file to select (considering my raw file type)?
Do I select mpeg-2 hq just as before with any other camera that captures in mpeg-2 to burn to a normal disk? OR, should I save it to some sort of HD file and burn that to a normal disk. If so which type of hd file is best?
*In summary, I am so hoping i can now use a higher quality option other than mpeg2 hq for a standard disk being that I now have an HD camera (i know you cannot view HD on standard disks). I know it's best to match your raw file types, but thats the problem ... what matches mine best, or doesnt it matter and I should convert to mpeg2?

3) I read somewhere that there are actually two ways to go for a standard disc. One was to do the mpeg-2 for standard players, but the other was to use some sort of avchd for HD compatable players (but the later would only play on HD players). Is that true? Here I was thinking I had to save two file types, one for Bluray down the road (the highest quality) and the other for standard disks. But in actuality do I need to safe three file types (one for standard disks that HD players read)?
Go to: