Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Never heard of that one. Will check it out immediately, since PD8 keeps freezing. Thanks
I'm sorry, I was not specific enough, I'll try again. One effect I would love to do, is at this site http://pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Winter+Pack.htm , the transparent ball with the picture in it. I know it is a pre-programmed effect in Pinnacle, but can I do it, ie by importing 3-D, or by some other means? If anyone has done anything close, do you have an example? Do they sell these type of things for PD?

Thanks again, Tony

ps If I could get PD8 to stop dying on me, I might get something done. At this point I think it's my pc.
Tony and Pekka, Thanks so much for answering me. I am so tired of watching tuts and reading the info on many forums, I really wanted input from experienced users. I'm continuing my testing. I guess I need to know if I can import 3d objects to use for my ball, or whatever shape I decide to use. Can I put a snapshot on a rotating object OR even if is it possible to use transitions with some trickery. I appreciate your time, I was beginning to think I wouldn't get a reply.
I need help deciding which program can do the things I want to do. I'm doing the trials, just started, but since I'm so new to this it takes me a while to figure out the best way to do things. I'm doing home movies, and I envision doing two things in particular. One is I want to be able to zoom into a face and put the face (snap pic) into a frame or shape and move it. Pinnacle does this with their Creative Pack Add Ons (possibly otherwise, too) The Winter Pack, ornaments. This shows a still being encased in a Xmas ornament, while turning a 360, more orn's joining it all turning in a circle. It also does something similar in Prem.Pk wedding2, where the scene is captured and turns into a framed moving object, transitions, I believe. However Pinnacle seems to be limited to doing it only their way. I've never seen anything quite like them in the other programs, although some Vegas Pro tutorials looks like it can be done, but the cost! The other thing I want to do is have 3 or 4 videos overlapping (faded edges) at the same time, but not in squares or split screen etc. More like a video montage, probably using masks. I am really hoping PD can do it Ple-e-ease, can you help me?
Go to: