Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry for the late response I am using Power DVD 9 Ultra. The software was running flawless up unitl about a couple of weeks before my initial post. During this time I went through a run around trying to get my download back from cyberlink. Fpor those that care, do not bother paying the extra bucks for the re-download for a year. Too painful to deal and wait on tech support and as you know its not available just by logging into your account. Anyway I tried re-downloading the software many times with the same results of the software crashing when oit when to play. I tried changing video driver, sound card drivers...and everything else that did not make sense just to try something. I then figured it has to be something that happened during a windows vista 64 update.

I tried doing a windows repair and also tried overlaying the OS. Same results. I was then forced to blow Vista away, re-format my hard drive and do a clean install. This WORKED!!!!!! Was there a different work around? Probably so but I got so fed up I jist had to get it woking.

GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
SAPPHIRE TOXIC Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W
Western Digital VelociRaptor
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
Sound Blaster Fatality
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit
ESET Firewall/Virus Software

Check your sampling rate if you are using a Sound Blaster card. Control Panel/Sound/Properties, DTS/Dolby Digital will not work at a 96000khz sampling rate. It must be set at 48000khz. Hope this helps.
Anyone having issues with power dvd closing when loading BD or DVD? Tried uninstalling and doing a clean install. I am not sure if it is Vista Garbage 64 or crappy power DVD? Cant tell the difference any more
Cyberlink's idea of extended download service is contact tech support and they will provide you a link to download, after 3 days of waiting. catch is, it will expire in 48 hours or so...if you miss it then back to tech support again. The software is garbage and the support is garbage. Going to give arcsoft total media a try.
Go to: