Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok, I had the same problem and here's what worked for me. The program would install but would not start up. Was suggested that it was my video driver but my hp update said it was current (I have an HP Touchsmart with an NVidea geforce 9600m GS). While it was the most current on HP's website, of course there were several newer drivers on NVidia's website. Downloaded them all, tried them all, and NONE of them would recognize my video card and therefore would not install. Even tried a bypass patch I found on the web and it still wouldn't install. Sound familiar? Now here was my solution (and unfortunately I realize this may not work for everyone) I went --of all places-- to Windows update and scanned for non critical updates for my pc. They had an updated driver for my video card and to my suprise it DID install just fine. Loaded up PD9 and it works perfectly. If you tell anyone I said this next part I'll deny it; "Thank you Microsoft".
Tried it both ways -- upgrading from PD8 and manually uninstalling PD8 then installing PD9. Neither worked for me.
Here is the file. Thank you for any help you can give.
I just purchased and upgraded to version 9 and installed it. Input the code and registered. When I click on the icon to start the program it crashes within a few seconds; never gets to the program itself. Completely uninstalled everything, installed again with same result. Version 8 worked perfectly. What do I do? I have an HP Touchsmart Iq816 with windows 7 64bit.
Go to: