Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sorry if this has been covered I tried to find it already.

I have PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra I recently updated it - through the program - to CyberLink.5711_TaRe43_DVD090826-05 as I could not play X-men Origins-Wolverine without it. Now I get no audio playback through SPDIF out to my Onkyo receiver. Regular DVD audio comes through SPDIF out just fine. I have only tested this with The Office Season 5 disk 1. (I had to return Wolverine b/c I rented it) If anyone has a suggestion or the same problem could they let me know.

Machine:
Vista 64-bit.
Blueray Player LG- GGC-H20L firmware 1.03
board Asus M3A79-T

One post mentioned that I might try uninstall then reinstall the audio device driver. When I look at the Device Manger under windows it says I am still running the same driver I always have and it is the most current version (based on my motherboard).

Thanks for any help. And please, suggesting that I upgrade to PowerDVD 9 is not the answer I am looking for.
Quote: i'm cheap... It cost money to be at the cutting edge

Don't I hate how these things don't go together very well!!
I too am having this trouble with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3. I have also put in a support ticket.

@Andrew - Thanks for letting us know that they have noticed this issue, however I hope that they patch 7.3 as well as 9. And I am somewhat surprised at how long updates take, two weeks is a issue when you have rented a movie and would like to get you money's worth by watching it. Especially several weeks after it was released.
Go to: