Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NO SPDIF when upgrade 7.3 to 5711
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2009 21:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry if this has been covered I tried to find it already.

I have PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra I recently updated it - through the program - to CyberLink.5711_TaRe43_DVD090826-05 as I could not play X-men Origins-Wolverine without it. Now I get no audio playback through SPDIF out to my Onkyo receiver. Regular DVD audio comes through SPDIF out just fine. I have only tested this with The Office Season 5 disk 1. (I had to return Wolverine b/c I rented it) If anyone has a suggestion or the same problem could they let me know.

Machine:
Vista 64-bit.
Blueray Player LG- GGC-H20L firmware 1.03
board Asus M3A79-T

One post mentioned that I might try uninstall then reinstall the audio device driver. When I look at the Device Manger under windows it says I am still running the same driver I always have and it is the most current version (based on my motherboard).

Thanks for any help. And please, suggesting that I upgrade to PowerDVD 9 is not the answer I am looking for.
Cleisthenes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2011 12:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has there ever been a response to this problem? After applying the update you lose your surround sound making the powerdvd blu-ray application useless. Why would an update be posted by Cyberlink that makes the application useless?