Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I didn't need to use the cleaner. Version 12 initially worked for the first couple DVD's and a couple Blu-rays. The problem only occurred after I tried to watch a Blu-ray image on my hard drive. When I attempted to switch back to using the Blu-ray reader that is when the error started. I could never get it to switch back to using my Blu-ray reader. I have used the cleaners many many times and really never found them to do anything. When I upgraded to version 10, I actually wasted half a day installing and uninstalling and running the cleaners. Nothing I did would fix the problem with version 10. With version 11, I did not go with the upgrade because I had nightmares with version 9 and version 10. With version 11 I purchased the full product and I could not have been happier, it worked fine right out of the box.
I went back to v11, v12 was way too slow and buggy. One bug actually disabled v12 where it would not work, so I had to uninstall it. The uninstall took between 15 and 20 minutes. I had never had an uninstall take that long, so uninstalling and installing (Cyberlink's normal way of fixing an issue) is not the way to go.
Don't waste your time or money with PowerDVD 12 Ultra. It is bloatware that doesn't run that well. I tried to run a Blu-ray image on my hard drive to check my output before burning a disc and it wouldn't play, I then tried to play an actual Blu-ray disc and it couldn't find the disc. I kept getting the error "CyberLink PowerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when playback stops." I could never select another device. When I went to uninstall PowerDVD 12, the uninstall took for ever. Software is too buggy and too slow. I have been a PowerDVD user since version 4 and this upgrade was a great disappointment.
I am getting the same Error 1402 when I attempt to install the latest update for PowerDVD 9 Ultra on my Windows 7 64-bit system. Tech support has been totally useless! I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times that my head is about to spin. At the suggestion of Tech support, I have downloaded and installed the Microsoft Cleanup Tool and ran it to unistall PowerDVD a couple times and then used regedit to edit the registry to remove many different entries. I even purchased a registry cleaner in the hope I might get lucky and find it was a registry error, but that proved to be a wasted purchase. At this point, I don't know what to do. I have tried over 6 different suggestions from Tech support and nothing has worked. I actually believe Cyberlink has no idea of what is causing the problem.
Go to: