Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I was trying to watch a Blu-ray movie, and was frustrated to find that keyboard, mouse, and in my case remote control would not work during Blu-ray playback. I wrote to Cyberlink support, who responded:

"we would like to inform you that keyboard commands and mouse controls cannot be used during Blu-Ray playback in PowerDVD software"

Does anyone know anything about this, for example, whether this is a condition that must be complied with for Blu-ray playback such as Prohibited User Operations (PUOs/UOP) or if this is a product decision specific to PowerDVD?

I have another Blu-ray disc that does allow keyboard commands, but would like to know how widespread this issue is, since the inability to use a wireless keyboard or remote control (Antec/iMon) with Blu-ray makes PowerDVD useless for an HTPC.
There seems to be a defect in the True Theater HD process. This results in faint rectangular gray areas appearing on screen, of the full width of the screen, from the top and/or the bottom. This occurs in dark scenes, and can cover up to about 30% of the screen with a distracting gray overlay that changes in size as the video plays.

If I disable the True Theater HD or use hardware acceleration, the problem does not occur, but obviously this is not preferable.

Does anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks
Go to: