Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Keyboard commands during Blu-ray movies
Crash [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2009 05:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I was trying to watch a Blu-ray movie, and was frustrated to find that keyboard, mouse, and in my case remote control would not work during Blu-ray playback. I wrote to Cyberlink support, who responded:

"we would like to inform you that keyboard commands and mouse controls cannot be used during Blu-Ray playback in PowerDVD software"

Does anyone know anything about this, for example, whether this is a condition that must be complied with for Blu-ray playback such as Prohibited User Operations (PUOs/UOP) or if this is a product decision specific to PowerDVD?

I have another Blu-ray disc that does allow keyboard commands, but would like to know how widespread this issue is, since the inability to use a wireless keyboard or remote control (Antec/iMon) with Blu-ray makes PowerDVD useless for an HTPC.
Alfredo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 20, 2007 12:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure if this will help but I use a program called Intelliremote and the only way for it to work correctly was to turn off the option "Enable BD-J Keyboard Support" under the BDROM tab within the configurations option. I do use a controller for my HTPC setup however for you turning this option off in your case may not help since you are use a wireless keyboard.
Rareuns [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2009 07:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I had a similar support ticket answered slightly differently:

my question:
"The keyboard shortcut do not work with neither powerdvd nor its Vista media center integration.The main problem is that I cannot use the "Ctrl P" or "L" shortcut for bluray.

Thanks for any advice or software upgrade"

Their answer:
"We understand your concern related with shortcut key for Blu-Ray in PowerDVD software.

In response to your issue please note that the latest build for PowerDVD software does not support Shourtcut keyboard keys for Blu-Ray disc playback.
This is the reason you are unable to use it. This is a limitation of the software feature and feature maybe added in the next build.
Thank you for your patience and understanding"
As you see, this seems to be a regression in the software
I hope this will be corrected very soon because the current situation is very annoying.
mmo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2010 12:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Alfredo.

Keyboard shortcuts would not work with The Dark Knight but they did work with other Blu-Ray discs.

Your solution of turning off the option "Enable BD-J Keyboard Support" worked great. I don't use Intelliremote, so this is a fix that should work for everyone.

To be perfectly clear, it is a setting in PowerDVD:
Cinema Mode: Settings/Blu-Ray Disc Setting/BD-J Keyboard Support
It is similar in Classic Mode.
Matteo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2016 10:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem, disabled "Enable BD-J Keyboard Support" and fixed, thanks