Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i just checked online to see if your video card is 3d ready an the answer is no. none of the ati 5000 series video cards will play 3d blurays. only the 6000 series are 3d ready.

to everybody out there wanting to play 3d bluray. save your money on the hdmi cable. dont need 1.4 hdmi cable to view 3d material. 1.3 works just as good. how do i know? i got both cables an tested it. only thing 1.4 hdmi is good for is channel return an ethernet options.
i know 3d works with cyberlinks dvd 10 mark 2 player because i had it playing. my video card is hd6870 ati an on amd.com, my video card has a display compatibility list an my hdtv is on the list. it might be that your hdtv is not 3d compatibile with your video card. i know sony 3d glasses an samsungs will not work with each other hdtv's. your glasses might not be turned on also.

i would hook it up directly to your tv an bypass my reciever till i got it playing. i also, double check your hardware on the manufactors websites to make sure it 3d compatible. cyberlinks 3d advisor is not always right when checking compatibility. when i checked mine, said it didnt know my video card an video drivers, unknown is what it said.it also failed the 3d bluray test but i got the 3d bluray playing correctly. i also disconnect your computer monitor while trying to play 3d. cyberlink dont allow multible monitors connected while 3d playback. only way around that with both the monitors connected is make the hdtv the primary monitor before attemping 3d playback.
all your hardware has to be 3d ready. you dont need a 1.4 hdmi cable to watch a 3d movie, 1.3 hdmi cable works too. not sure if your reciever is or your video card is 3d ready but you should know by looking it up. you cant have multible monitors hooked to your video card at once if you want to correctly view 3d, using cyberlinks powerdvd 10 mark 2. cyberlink does not allow multible monitors connected to a video card if you want to watch a 3d movie. however, if you make your hdtv the primary monitor, you can leave your computer monitor connected to your video card an still view 3d movies.

in the powerdvd 10 software, instead of choosing 3d hdtv checkerboard display output, scoll down an choose, hdmi 1.4 enabled 3d tv display output. theres a 3d button on the front of powerdvd 10 you have to click on to enable 3d too. also, in the software there another setting in the setup configuration that needs to be set to hdmi output. you have to manually set 3 or 4 things in powerdvd 10 mark 2 to correctly view a 3d movie, unlike a simple all hardware 3d bluray theater setup, separate from the computer. if your reciever is not 3d ready then u can by pass it an go directly into the hdtv hdmi input.
i know about the 5870. thanks for the info though. ill be getting the asus xonar 1.3 deluxe instead. its been out long enough to where the bugs have been worked out. if the asus soundcard blocks me from watching my bluray movies on my plasma hdtv then, ill be sending it back too. asus has the best soundcards out there. they put the best parts on them too, like burr brown dacs. if anyone wants 5.1 dts then stay away from the asus av100 chipsets, go with the av200.
dvd 9 ultra shuts down everytime just right after the "prayer" song is done. i tryed playing the bluray on my big hometheater system an it played fine. my computer is powerful an dont shutdown, only dvd9 ultra shuts down completely.[b]
auzentech hometheatre hd card is not compliant with hdcp 1.1, only 1.2, has my plasma hdtv( poineer pdp 5020fd) blocked from viewing bluray movies i paid for. the sound card has lots of problems.[/b]
Go to: