Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am gonna have to agree with Andrew here....When I got my LG and noticed it had 7.0 version, I got the update for 7.3..BUT the second that there were issues with 7.3 for any bluray movie I KNEW (from experience) that there had to be a better solution...and there was. PowerDVD9. If you read outside this forum, you will see that there are literally thousands of forumers talking about 7.3 & 8 not working properly...CLUE?? I think so.

Now, if you keep searching you will see that there is a tiny percentage of those who have upgraded to 9 and have had little problems...CLUE...I think so!??...So, unless you have 9 I would suggest stop complaining about these issues. You have excellent hardware, why bother with cheap software and do your FIRMWARE updates....geez...it's like we are living in the 90's here!??

If you know anything about software and hardware compatabilities, you know what you need to get the product to work. If there are issues, the supplier will back it up...maybe frustrating but you end up getting your money back in the end right?

I hate it when I hear people trying to compare FREE software to those that you have to purchase because "you get what you pay for". If you were SMART, you went and bought the expensive blueray and not the cheap bulldog crap ones....hardware makes a big difference too. Not saying that it pertains accross the board BUT sometimes it does. If you look at DVD media and compatibility issues there are with burners for data...NOT ALL MEDIA WORKS...same with software to hardware.

I do agree that if there are issues watching movies while playing specific PowerDVD 9 then I would not complain...I would wait for the update or research it. NO Biggie, because I know that the software is a gamble and it will still play a *&^*% load of other movies until the update releases.
If you are planning on using PowerDVD for Blu-Ray playback I would strongly suggest not using version 7.3. I know because I JUST went through a 3 day issue with that version trying to get it to work for my Blu-Rays...it's a dead end. DVD playback is good but Blurays are not so well because of audio issues, freezing problems and install headaches.

See my thread on version 9 and how I did it...it works!
OK, I like most of you have had issues with either bad CD-Keys, not being able to properly install upgrades from 7 to 9 or cannot register online.

I recently purchased an external LG Blu-Ray Player and it came with PowerDVD 7.3. The program asked me to upgrade for a special offer of $53.00 to 9 Ultra...I jumped on it because I love blu-ray and 9 was the only heard of player that could handle it properly.

I received a downloadable upgrade that was corrupt...not only was it corrupt and a bad file, the CD-key was bad??

So, then Cyberlink sent me the FULL 9 Ultra BUT they required an online activation which did not work as well because when you go to use the activation CD-Key it gave you some error saying that the key has been used up or is no longer valid!???...

So, I basically gave up and demanded a refund because after 3 days of haggling with customer support and getting the EXACT "Cookie Cutter" responces, I was tired of trying....THEN...

They sent me the 217mg FULL Version 9 Ultra with NO online activation required!

WHY DO THEY GO THROUGH THE BULL$*&% OF GIVING A PAID CUSTOMER UPGRADES THAT ARE NO GOOD WHEN THEY CAN JUST DO THIS??

It worked beautifully, it installed easily, I downloaded the patch, that installed with NO errors and it even accepted the same CD-key that was denied for online registration!

I am running plain old Vista 32bit with minimum ram (have to upgrade this week)...but Blurays played perfect with amazing sound everytime!

Now, without the patch after initial install the discs would not play and no sound NOR would PowerDVD even recognize the disc. But we all know that after an install you should go get ALL available patches.

Anyway, my STRONG suggestion is to stop beating a dead horse and request the FULL version through Cyberlink support:

PowerDVD 9 Ultra Retail (build:1501) [Vista ready] (do not online activation)

Why, because you deserve a product that works ESPECIALLY for those of us that pay for these things...

I am having this issue right now!! I purchased an upgrade from 7 to 9 Ultra and it did not work as the file was corrupt.

They gave me the 1501 full download for 9 and gave me the CD key...The program installed perfectly BUT the CD key while installing says that it is invalid and Support just keeps sending me the same information!??

Is this a firewall issue or something else? Support says that the key works perfectly fine!? I am at a loss now...$ and frustration!??

Jeremiah
Go to: