Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes Jeremiah i will have to agree with most of what you said. It was very well written and thought out. The one part i will have to disagree with though, is i was not comparing freeware with paid for software. I probably did not specify that very well so i will restate what i meant. The issue is; cyberlink takes way to long to release updates to play the new BD's. The fact that other companies have the updates in thier free trials (try before you buy) three weeks before cyberlink has it out for thier paying customers tells you that they are too slow. I have changed companies and i use arcsoft and have had no issues what so ever. The point is; no matter which version you use if the company does not update the software, its worthless with the new media. And yes i did not buy a cheap player . And to andrew the differences in 7.3, 8, and 9 is not that they shoud or are able to play more BD's the difference is addons. Its like if you buy a corvette with stick shift, or pay the extra for a corvette with automatic transmission, or with air conditioning and power windows. They are both still sold and maintained one just has more options, wich is a way for the companies to make more money. Also I don't think you read the forums very well before you posted, because the second post on this thread says that he has version 9 and it doesn't work. And if you look at other threads for the X-Men issues you will see that others had problems with all versions of cyberlink.
Wow, you really amaze me at your ignorance. First off the 7.3 or the 8 or 9 is not a measure of updates or how new the product is its like buying a car with more options. Secondly if they still sell 7.3 then they have to update it and support it. thirdly you completely miss the point, which is the speed in which they update thier compatability with the new formats. If your still waiting till the 1st or 2nd week in october to be able to watch X-Men, then good for you as i said before i downloaded a free trial from arcsoft and it played it for me last week. I am now using the full version from arcsoft and have had no problems with any BD's. and lastly you should spent more time learning how to spell "thing" and "it is" and less time talking about things you know nothing about.
We don't need to relax and wait for slow companies to get thier crap together if you would read the past posts you would know that other companies have the update available. I downloaded the arcsoft free trial and watched the movie immediately. Who do we go to, to get our money back if we rent a video and can't play it because the slow companies are too lazy to get the updates done in a timely manner. If you believe that waiting 3 or more weeks for an update is ok then more power to you but for the rest of us, that have gone to a real company, we will be watching the video while you sit and wait for updates.
First off let me say i went to the forums after i spent 3 days puting in tickets. Secondly why should we have to wait 3 weeks after the BD is out to get an updated version of the software to run it when all the other companies have it available the day the BD comes out. Thirdly if you would read the forums and not skim over them you would know that just about everyone here has put in ticket. and if you think that waiting till the first week in OCT for the update is speedy service then i feel sorry for you.
I have the LG BD player and the firmware is updated. I tried arcsoft free trial software and it worked perfectly with the new BD's. Cyberlink is still trying to get thier updates out. they are not compatable with new BD's. It is not my computer, firmware or player, it is cyberlink software that does not work.
I bought a new BD burner/player just over 2 months ago, when i first bought it it worked fine. It still works fine for older BD's but the software is not updated to play the new movies. Cyberlink does not have phone support unless you pay 29.95 for it. i have put in tickets and posted on forums and still no resolution. No software is worth it if it is not updated and if you can not get any answers to problems. DO NOT BUY OR USE THIS SOFTWARE.
well, i'm tired of messing with cyberlink they obviously do not check the forums and do not care about their customers. I am uninstalling the software and going to another company. This, way below average, customer service is going to drive them out of business in my opinion. There is no way in hell i'm going to pay $30 to talk to a service rep and they don't reply to forums so its good by cyberlink.
I have an ATI graphics card and am having the same problem. I can not play the new x-men movie it looks like it is scrambled. I will never use cyber link for anything again. It is sad when you pay 200+ dollars for a player and can't even play a movie. Not to mention that to call cyberlink support they charge an extra 29.95. this is the worst service i have come across in a long time. Cyberlink wake up and do right by your customers if you expect to survive.
Go to: