Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the reply Dafydd, but nothing's happened after doing your suggested actions. Thanks a lot though, I appreciate it.
It just occurred to me to try it out on my desktop unit, and guess what? It installed and run flawlessly! I couldn't explain why. I have basically similar software setup in my laptop and desktop. I'm still searching for answers.
I'm getting same error after installing PD8. I ensured that I fully uninstalled PD7 and cleaned the registry. I installed fresh MS .Net Framework SP1 3.5 and VC Redistributables 2005 & 2008, but no change. Event viewer says
"Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR8.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."

I have Vista Home Premium and using DELL XPS M1530.
Help please
Go to: