Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dafydd, I dit the test you suggested and it worked. I will follow your suggestion regarding the name of files and location. I hope this will work. I wil start my projects again with your recommendation of file names and location.
Thanks a lot. Hope it works.... Thanks for the PM. I will keep this in mind. You cheered up my day.
Hi... It has been so nice to wake up and find a response that means something... Thanks... I will make tryouts with you suggestions next week, since I will be out of town... Promise I will get back to you.
Thanks again
Dafydd
I am attaching the pds file in the format you told me... There is no way I can understand what it reads, hope you with your experience can do it.
Thanks again, you have been the only one suggesting something.
P.D the file is compressed.
Dafydd
Look, I am sorry about yelling at Cyberlink support. My problem starts as follows.
I upgraded from PD5 Deluxe to Premium. Had problems with the program and finally it worked with tech support providing a new built for PD5 Premium, the 2112.
It worked fine, started various projects, worked, saved, worked, saved and so far everything went well. After doing this, a couple of days of working, and doing no changes to computer, the pds projects I had been working on, didn't open receiving the message of "file broken". This is my problem. Aparently the program corrupts the files at a certain point.
Any suggestions? I know there is nothing I can do to fix this files, since they are corrumpted, so I lost all my work. What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen again? Yes, one option is saving with different names every time, and hope that one of them doesn't get corrupted, but so far, all of them have been corrupted. I will appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Cyberlin support SUCKS!!!!!.... I got a whole bunch of dumb answers like corrupted files cant be opened, pds projects dont contain files (which I know)..l. but no solutions to the program corrupting the files/projects!!!!
does anyone have a solution/suggestion on why can it be that the files are being corrupted? So far I got two of them, the only two I have created in this incredible new version of PD5 Premium
thanks Daisuke, I'll do so and wait for a reply
Thanks Justin, I also wrote tech support yesterday and still waiting for their answer, which will share with you. Let me know any news.
The error in English reads, "file broken"... why is the program "breaking" the files? I suppose it is the same a corruptedd? I need to fix this problem, since I will be working fine and one of a sudden the program "breaks" the files and loose all my work!!!! Please some one help me!!!!
Yes, I am using the 2112 version.... I unistalled everything and reinstalled, but still can't open the projects made in this version.
I've used all versions of PD. I was very, very happy, until I got to the Premium version. After a lot of problems, finally Support sent me a new download file, which it worked. Started new projects, worked on them various times. Today, I worked on the projects, saved and tried to open them later, and get a message "archivo interrumpido" (this is in spanish since I live in Chile) literal translation would be "interrupted" which doesn't mean anything to me... guess means something like corrupted?
Anyway.... can anyone help me... I installed the suggested patch and then the program doesn't open at all, not the file... the program!!!
After trying all suggestion posted here, I finally unistalled EVERYTHING, and startede from the very begining... starting from cero with Power Directo Pro ME O 2, ang upgrading to every version available. All of them worked fine, until Power Director 5 Deluxe. When installing the patch 1227, starts the problem, and not metion the general problem when upgrading to PD 5 Premium, that does not open the pds files, and cant burn. When installing the patches for this problems.... it only gets worst. I finally stayed in version PD5 Deluxe, without the 1227 patch... I lost the money of the upgrade to Premium!!!!!.... Don't think there is a way to get my money back
Hi Ivan,
I can't tell you the exact PDR version, since I unistalled it and currently using the PD5 Deluxe. The problem occured when I installed the PDR5 Premium version, recently released. I am not planning to install this version again, until the problem is solved, since I am working in a project.
The error occurs when tryin to open a project/file.
Any suggestions?
I used the patch that was posted in Cyberlink Site. But then when trying to open the program... it can't find file .dll ..... whatsoever name it has.
I did everything. I can open my projects, but get a error closing message when going to create disk!!!! it crashes at 14% opening!!!! Help!!!!
Dafydd
Thanks for your reply, but I am able to open the PD Premium saved file in PD5. The thing now is that when I go to create disk, I get the following message "create Disk page initializing error code 7", even in the opeining panel, I mean with the sample project. This problem I never had before with PD5....
I had problems with opening pds projects... tried every thing that was suggested. I ended up reinstaling PD5 without the patch and downgrading from premium version. Now I have the problem of creating dis page intializing error code 7... which I never had before while using PD5. Any one have any suggestios?... If I instal the patch for this version, or the premium one, I can't open my projects!!!!.... I have to solve this ASAP since have a deadline presenting my work!!!!
I installed the patch that is a .dll file that has to be replaced in the power director file, which I did. I open the PD5 and get a strong big warning about an ...... file not being available
I will be trying the patch... will inform if it worked
Hi,
I live in Chile, and don't think we all use the same comupter, and still, I have had the same closing down problem, or the sistem crashes and have to close down PD5, without chance of saving... This is a general problem but tech support of CYBERLINK NEVER NEVER solve problems...
Go to: