Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

Advice needed please, I'm a newby to PowerDirector and currently trialling PD8.

I'm enjoying mastering the program and playing with chroma key effects, which we will be using for professional teaching videos, with the teacher in front of a Powerpoint animation (made into a movie), and other fun things also incoporated as Pips.

After some trials we purchased a vivid turquoise bed sheet from Walmart and it's easy to key out.

Except.....

I'm experiencing the same slight prob which ever backscreen we use - a fuzzy line of the original backscreen color around the moving (human) subject always remains.

I'm using a Canon FS200 on auto focus, and I usually increase the exposure a couple of stops to get the subject light enough.

The backscreen is lit by four 250w construction lamps.

The front subject is lit by two long-life lamps - 23w but equivalent to 75w each.

Is there too much difference between front and back lighting do you think?

or is my prob to do with focus,

or can I improve my 'keying-out' technique in PowerDirector?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

All respect to Dafydd, I watched a number of the tutorials on You Tube, thanks!

Leela
Hi,

Advice needed please, I'm a newby to PowerDirector and currently trialling PD8.

I'm enjoying mastering the program and playing with chroma key effects, which we will be using for professional teaching videos, with the teacher in front of a Powerpoint animation (made into a movie), and other fun things also incoporated as Pips.

After some trials we purchased a vivid turquoise bed sheet from Walmart and it's easy to key out.

I'm experiencing the same slight prob which ever backscreen we use - a fuzzy line of the original backscreen color around the moving (human) subject always remains.

I'm using a Canon FS200 on auto focus, and I usually increase the exposure a couple of stops to get the subject light enough.

The backscreen is lit by four 250w construction lamps.

The front subject is lit by two long-life lamps - 23w but equivalent to 75w each.

Is there too much difference between front and back lighting do you think?

or is my prob to do with focus,

or can I improve my 'keying-out' technique in PowerDirector?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

All respect to Dafydd, I watched a number of the tutorials on You Tube, thanks!

LeelaJ
Go to: