Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chroma Key
Leela J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 17, 2009 13:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Advice needed please, I'm a newby to PowerDirector and currently trialling PD8.

I'm enjoying mastering the program and playing with chroma key effects, which we will be using for professional teaching videos, with the teacher in front of a Powerpoint animation (made into a movie), and other fun things also incoporated as Pips.

After some trials we purchased a vivid turquoise bed sheet from Walmart and it's easy to key out.

Except.....

I'm experiencing the same slight prob which ever backscreen we use - a fuzzy line of the original backscreen color around the moving (human) subject always remains.

I'm using a Canon FS200 on auto focus, and I usually increase the exposure a couple of stops to get the subject light enough.

The backscreen is lit by four 250w construction lamps.

The front subject is lit by two long-life lamps - 23w but equivalent to 75w each.

Is there too much difference between front and back lighting do you think?

or is my prob to do with focus,

or can I improve my 'keying-out' technique in PowerDirector?

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

All respect to Dafydd, I watched a number of the tutorials on You Tube, thanks!

Leela Leela, co-founder of a personal development business, just starting to make teaching videos.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Leela,

Videoing technique as opposed to editing is where you should look for the answer to your dilemma.

Barry and Ron have both done short tutorials on green screen. With Barry using one and Ron discussing some limitations I believe.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/knottyman

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/videocenricity

Take a look through their videos and I'm sure you'll find them. If not send them an internal message.

They're good to know and will help you.

Dafydd

foresthillsbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2010 18:45 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to see there are people out there taking advantage of this great feature! I didn't even know it had this feature when I bought PD8, so it's really the icing on the cake! I got some really funny results using a white screen. I am thinking of springing for one of those $35 greenscreens I'm seeing for sale online. This will enable me to tackle so many new projects that would have been hard to represent visually.