Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can't seem to increase the length of my background music under create disc. My disc is using images (not videos) as buttons, and an image as the background for the menu. I have created the template using "create menu" -- so it didn't start as an existing template. The default music seems to be Sports.MP3. When I replace that in the menu with my choice of music, I get about 12-15 seconds of music. That's all, even though the music I selected is about 3 minutes. I've found various older posts that say to use "Create Disc Preferences" to change the duration, but these are pre-PD8, and I'm unable to locate this button in PD8. I even went so far as to place my music in the custom menus folder (Menu010) and name it sports.mp3, but it still is too short. This is a Blu-Ray disc, if that makes a difference. This is currently a slideshow, but will be a mixture of slides and videos when finished. I do not want videos for menu background nor for the buttons.
I'd like to know as well, for PD8.

Thanks to all for your responses. I've been trying to isolate the issue, and have mixed results.

First, I have burned (with a lot of work) a 25 clip, 25 chapter, 24 transition blu-ray. I haven't tried again with the full 26 clips.

I sliced and diced my original project, creating other, smaller projects from the original. I finally got it to a three-clip, three-chapter, two transitions track that consistently fails to burn, getting the motionmenugeneratior error message. The first transition was "glass2." I created a copy project (save as) from the bad one, removed glass2, and it consistently burns. Or replaced glass2 with pagecurl and it burns. This points strongly to glass2, right?

But no. I replaced glass2 with pagecurl in the big original and it fails. I replaced all transitions with fade and it fails. And here's where it gets weird.

I noticed that the clip that followed where glass2 had been was jerky. If I played the clip it was not jerky, but if i played the movie and positioned the timeline pointer into the prior clip (so that it moved thru the fade/transition) then the next clip was jerky. I thought maybe something in the prior clip was affecting the jerky one, so I trimmed one second from it.

And it worked. The jerky clip was no longer jerky. I tried to burn this fixed movie, and it failed, but much deeper into the project. I found a second jerky clip, changed its transition and trimmed the prior clip, and then the whole movie burned.

All of the clips are 1440x1080, 29.97 framerate clips. As for using SVRT, it is greyed out. I found a post that said Canon HF100 can't use SVRT for some reason. Bummer. I might post a second question about hardware rendering when ATI stream is enabled, but I'm trying to keep the issues posted clean.

The perceptive among you will notice that my earlier post said 26 chapter, and I'm now saying 25. This was in the interest of marital harmony. The missing clip is of my wife saying "that thing isn't on, is it?" to the camcorder that is on (but the Grand Canyon in the background is, indeed, Grand). But in the interest of this experiment I'll try again with the full 26 when I have time.

23 days left. Yes, this is a rewritable BD.
Same issue. I' trying to build a Blu-Ray with minimal menu structure on PD8. I do have 26 chapters. recorded at, and keeping at 1440X1080. 33 minutes of video, so not especially big. I was successful with 6 minutes, though.

I get the MotionMenuGeneratior message from windows vista, (64 bit) not PowerDirector. PowerDirector finally tells me I have broken files or too little memory. It can't be broken files, though, because I can use the "produce" button to create the same movie to my hard drive.

I bought a new computer just for HD video editing. It is a CoreI7 920 with 6GB DDR3, Radeon 4850, and a 1TB hard drive.

I'm trying out PowerDirector 8 using the trial version, so I'm on a 29-day quest to see if this can be fixed.

Help if anyone can. PowerDirector has great, easy-to-use features. But this is why I bought the computer, and I really need a product that'll work.
Go to: