Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,
I have just updated PDVD 11 to Build 2408 (Patch is from http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html)
Now I get an Error-Message from the Visual C++ Runtime if I exit the Program:

Runtime Error
This Program has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way!

System:
PowerDVD 11.0.2408.53
Windows 7 SP1 (x64)
installed Visual C++ Runtimes 2005, 2008, 2010 (x86 & x64. should be latest Version)

Otherwise it looks like PDVD runs fine, but I haven't tested it extensively.
It's a little unclear to me, that you mean a parallel installation of PDVD 10 and 11.

I downloaded the Trialversion of Passkey and et voilà ... Regioncode B again.

Thanks for the Tip.
PDVD 11 (2211)
Windows 7 x64

There is no BRF.DAT or BRS.EXE anywhere.
So, how can I reset the Regioncode-Counter?
Latest Version of PowerDVD 10 (in Cinema Mode) doesn't works with Blu-Rays and AnyDVDHD. Strangely works when in Normal Mode (Normal Player Interface). Seems to be very different Programs
Had the same problem.
After a re-install of the latest DirectX the green screen was gone and had not reappeared yet.
Green Screen gone.

I don't no exactly why.
I installed an older game which tries to install an older DirectX Version. Normally Vista should block that, but I think it can't hurt to reinstall the latest DX Version (March 2009).
Today I try to reproduce the Green Screen for Cyberlink (they want a screendump) and nothing happens. After 8 different DVD's - no Green Screen.
The only greater change I did to the system was the reinstall of DX, so I hope that the simple reinstall solved THIS Problem.
But I get another problem . To solve the above I installed the latest Catalyst 9.8 (doesn't help) and get another Problem: Black with Blu-Ray playback isn't black anymore - it's more a middle grey.
Anybody any idea?
With the latest update there are no more subtitle glitches (subs displayed sometimes way too fast).

Now I have another problem (DVD only, Blu Ray works fine):
with Classic-Mode I get sometimes (3 out of 5) a green screen (audio works fine), means I see only green colour on the screen.
When I switch to Cinema-Mode it works perfect. Switching back to Classic-Mode gets things sometimes right.

Starting in Cinema-Mode works perfect - switching to Classic-Mode gets me 60% a green screen.

Unluckily Cinema-Mode doesn't support all features (Read it clearly ...)

I have a Core2Quad / ATI 4670 / Samsung T240 (DVI)./ Vista64

Other players works without this green screen effect - so it must be PowerDVD.

Wasn't there a similar problem years ago with XP? Alpha / Transperancy effects I think ....
Looks like latest update repairs subtitles.

View a DVD - no glitches in subs.
Looks like latest update repairs subtitles.

View a DVD - no glitches in subs.
no one.
I ask about 2 weeks ago
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7377.page
no one had any idea.
I tested PDVD on 2 other systems - same problems.

It seems nobody knows any solution so I will give back my version of PDVD and buy TotalMedia 3
Push
Hi,
I have PowerDVD 9 Ultra (latest Patch) / Vista64./ Intel Quad / ATI 4670
The problem with subtitles is (example):
First subtitle: one two three
following subtitle: four five six
Both should be visible for 5 seconds.
First is displayed correct, second for 0,1 seconds.

This problem is not reproducable. if you step back both are showing correct.
It's not always - normally about 4 to 10 times on a movie.
It's not fixed to one DVD, I have it in most of my DVD (NTSC or PAL doesn't matter).
I've tried with HW-Accel on/off, TrueTheater on/off, doesn't matter.

With Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre (Trial) there are no such problems.

Anybody any idea?

Toni

(I'm not naturally english speaking, so excuse any errors)
Go to: