Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No, when I have created tickets in the past, the scripted answers have been completely useless, e.g. update your graphics driver, reset your screen resolution to 1024x768 etc. but I'll try again.
I am unable to play Universal Blu-ray titles in PowerDVD 13 Ultra, both old and new, e.g. Battlestar Galactica and Machete Kills. When pressing Play in the simple main menu, the menu disappears, leaving just the background image, but playback then hangs.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Playback of said titles work fine in Arcsoft TMT.

I gave up. No solution was ever found. Other Blu-ray players can stream TrueHD directly to my AVR via a Radeon 5750. PowerDVD cannot. Others report it to be working (5850). A OS re-install would probably help, since this system has had a long list of PowerDVD versions installed, but for now I will use the other players - TMT when I need menus and/or extras, MPC-HC otherwise.
The answer is yes, to all of the above.
Like I wrote, TrueHD works fine in other players, just not PowerDVD.
I have had this problem since PowerDVD 9, reported it a couple of times, but still no resolution...

I can not get Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming to work with PowerDVD. DTS-Master works fine. With TrueHD, there is no sound and video changes to stopmotion. Changing to PCM is a workaround, but not a good one. I have an Onkyo TX-SR605 AVR and an ATI Radeon HD 5670 video card. Latest Catalyst 11.12.

TrueHD bitstreaming works fine with Total Media Theatre as well as MPC-HC/ffdshow. It's only PowerDVD that cannot stream compressed TrueHD to my AVR, so it must be a PowerDVD problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Go to: