Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I agree with pjc - don't try (or buy) PD8 if you've got AVCHD content. It crashed on my first attempt to convert a CANON AVCHD 1920x1080 60i file of 2 minutes to something else - I tried MPEG-2 first. I then tried to convert to AVCHD at 720x480 and it managed that without a crash, but the picture quality in the output file is appaling. I know of freeware that does a better job and without crashing. So I've uninstalled PD8 and since it had insisted on uninstalling PD7, I'll just continue my life without either of them .. sorry about having wasted money on PD7 in the first place and then wasting bandwidth to download the trial in the hope of getting something out of it ...

And don't tell me it's my PC - it has at least half a dozen other programs working happily and in perfect harmony with the exact same file(s)

And don't think of asking "Technical Support" to fix it - they'll tell you to uninstall everything else and reboot in save mode before running PD8
I'm having the same problem with footage from an HF S10, also tried release 3017 without the problem being resolved. BTW, Sony Vegas 9 does a smart render when there are no effects on the clip(s), keeps the almost exact file size(s) (without the stutter being introduced) and does it in the same time as PowerDirector with Nvidia Cuda enabled - which in my case is about three times faster than SVRT. Sorry, Cyberlink, I'm cutting my losses and leaving you for someting else. And yes, I've tried "Technical Support" five times before without once getting a sensible answer
Go to: