Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smart Rendering of Canons AVCHD
topcaser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2009 05:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
A guy in a german forum found out why an AVCHD stream, which is smart rendered with PowerDirector, is stuttering:
see here for the german source: http://videotreffpunkt.com/thread.php?threadid=8725&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1
He says (translated in english):

In GOP 4 the last original 'Pbb' group betwenn both b-Frames there is a b-Frame with size NULL. In the 6.GOP the last bb-Frames are missing and a new GOP structure with only 3 bbP groups starts: IbbPbbPbbP I... (the HF100 uses 4 Pbb groups)

Is someone here in the forum able to forward this information to technical guys from cyberlink?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have
Thanks

Dafydd
topcaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.

What is really critical (he wrote) is the b-Frame with size 0. This is propably responsible for the stuttering. Cyberlink: Please please fix these issues.

Your program is really fast and good. I know a of people out there, who wish, that smart rendering on AVCHD works (no tool is capable of this at the moment) and you are a footstep away.
topcaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately the bug is not gone in release 3017
Ben
Newbie Location: South Africa, Pretoria Joined: Jul 08, 2009 15:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem with footage from an HF S10, also tried release 3017 without the problem being resolved. BTW, Sony Vegas 9 does a smart render when there are no effects on the clip(s), keeps the almost exact file size(s) (without the stutter being introduced) and does it in the same time as PowerDirector with Nvidia Cuda enabled - which in my case is about three times faster than SVRT. Sorry, Cyberlink, I'm cutting my losses and leaving you for someting else. And yes, I've tried "Technical Support" five times before without once getting a sensible answer Intel Core2Duo E8400, Nvidia 8800GTS 512MB, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP 32 Bit, Multiple HD 2TB capacity