Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I stopped using Pinnacle 8 because my computer had a virus recently and when I took it in the tech had to reformat my hard drive. When I reinstalled the software and finally located the update patches for the software it just froze and wouldn't work. Prior to all of this I didn't have any problems capturing video and doing video editing.

I didn't try other software until I first tried PD7 and couldn't get it to work with my camera. I finally got WMM but it wouldn't capture my video either. In fact it crashed my system.

My computer is old, probably 6 years. I have a 2.4GHz Pentium 4, 133MHz external bus, 1.28GB ram, 90% free memory resources, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200. It was a different kind of ram that was dang expensive when I purchased some for my computer.

Of all my friends I think I have the newest old computer. I'll have to keep looking around to see if I know of anybody else that I can test my camera on. I've been afraid that I might have to reformat.
I haven't been able to download WMM. When I go to the Microsoft site it says it's offered but then it isn't listed in the downloads.

I have been trying a few other programs. So far Adobe Premiere Elements 7 is able to capture the video but it's still dropping too many frames and then stops.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum is capturing the video better but still dropping too many frames (38 frames in 28 sec) at an avg frame rate of 28.63fps and avg data rate of 3.28MB/Sec.

Pinnacle Studio 12 is capturing the video and is dropping 12-24 frames in 30 sec.

I uninstalled Powerdirector and reinstalled twice. I was finally able to get it to capture a minute and it only dropped about 30 frames. Then I tried it again and it froze after 27 seconds and had dropped 24 frames. Then it dropped 85 frames in 60 seconds. Then it dropped 168 frames in 24 seconds. I guess at least there's progress. Before it wasn't even capturing more than a couple seconds of video.

I need to try all of those programs again after turning off my internet and shutting down nonessential processes.

I used to use Pinnacle Studio 8 and didn't have any problems capturing video without frames being dropped or with very few frames being dropped in an hour of video. I'd still use that program but it recently quit working.
Still won't work for me. I've updated the software, usb driver from SONY, tried a new IEEE cable, uninstalled and reinstalled the software. When I access my camcorder from My Computer I am able to play the recording on my computer just fine. I'm going to return the software and try to find another program that will work for me. Hopefully it's not my camcorder. Thank you again for your help.
Thank you for your quick responses to my plea for help. I have captured video with Pinnacle before. I'll try your suggestions and let you know what happens.
KJ
I've connected with an IEEE cable. Should I get a USB cable instead?
I just purchased PD7ultra. The software detected my DV camcorder (Sony DCR-TRV22) but after a few seconds of choppy recording it quit, asked for a name for the file, and then a small pop up said "DV Sony DV was removed."

I'm already regretting purchasing the software and I don't want to. I just want to make great home movies.

Any ideas of what I should do to fix this problem?
Go to: