Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A while back i purchased a LG GGC H20L blu ray player which came with powerdvd 7.3xx oem vers i think, which worked fine, but now i have upgraded to windows 7 64bit and was wondering where i can get a software update from for windows 7 64 bit?
cyberlink issued me with a full version of PDVD 7.3 ultra db edition, and that didnt work.

so i am going to try nero8 hd.

i believe that their software wont run on my machine, it only ever ran on the 32bit system and with my drive converted to IDE port.
Let me know your outcome.

they sent me a full version of Powerdvd 7 ultra with latest upgrade,

but that never worked either,
i have tried windvd 9 + blu ray with no joy either.

still looking for better software.
these upgrades and patches , which were sent to me by cyberlink didnt work.
after numerous trys to get it to play back, it still freezes.
as i have heard good reports about PDVD 9 - i got a trial and disabled the hardware acceleration as mentioned and all i am getting is that the software hangs.

Using Win Vista Ultimate 64bit and LG GGC H20L

had the same problems with PDVD 7.xxx

i havent found any of their products to work properly on my system.
I am glad i am not the only one.

but i have some news for you.
i contacted Cyberlink and they have asked for the following info.
if you follow the same procedures as me, we may be able to resolove this issue.

step1.-update all drivers.
step 2.- send to the link below the following info:
a)blu ray title and region
b) powerdvd serial number
c)blu ray advisor.
d)DxDiag.txt log file

and then send that info to: http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp
I am using a LG GGC H20L BD player connected to sata port on windows vista ultimate with PowerDvd 7.3.xx which came with the drive .
i tried it out first on a 32bit system and found that playback was only successful with the drive connected to the IDE port.

i then decided to upgrade the system and used the 64bit system and the drive connected to sata, i updated the firmware and bios and found that i was getting some playback, but it seems that Powerdvd 7.3.x.x stops responding from time to time causing the BD to stop play.(very annoying)

i have tried both PDVD 8 & 9 but these just wont play at all.
please help.
Go to: