Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 7 hangs-stops responding
luke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2009 12:14 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am using a LG GGC H20L BD player connected to sata port on windows vista ultimate with PowerDvd 7.3.xx which came with the drive .
i tried it out first on a 32bit system and found that playback was only successful with the drive connected to the IDE port.

i then decided to upgrade the system and used the 64bit system and the drive connected to sata, i updated the firmware and bios and found that i was getting some playback, but it seems that Powerdvd 7.3.x.x stops responding from time to time causing the BD to stop play.(very annoying)

i have tried both PDVD 8 & 9 but these just wont play at all.
please help.
jere [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2008 15:01 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
i am having the very same issue as of late. i have several bluray movies that i have played without issue and now all the sudden it just hangs. as i said...its always worked on my system until recently. I am running Vista64...any clues out there?
luke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2009 12:14 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am glad i am not the only one.

but i have some news for you.
i contacted Cyberlink and they have asked for the following info.
if you follow the same procedures as me, we may be able to resolove this issue.

step1.-update all drivers.
step 2.- send to the link below the following info:
a)blu ray title and region
b) powerdvd serial number
c)blu ray advisor.
d)DxDiag.txt log file

and then send that info to: http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp