Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Settings - TV - Configure your TV or monitor. Make sure to select 16:9 aspect. The flat screen monitor fixed my problem.

In the PowerDVD MCE plugin, Settings - Display Settings, aspect ratio is set to letterbox and can't be changed. Is that what you mean?

You may have to change some settings in PowerDVD outside of MCE.

-AJ

This fixed my problem too. I didn't save the profile change on my initial attempt.

But, I am going with TotalMedia Theatre 3.0 instead. The customer service alone makes it a better deal. PowerDVD is just a pain in the ass and not worth the money.

Thanks for your help.
Got two worthless responses from Cyberlink. What a waste.

The first was to explain the problem which isn't complex physics

The second was requesting the version. I guess the latest version wasn't good enough.

I'll deal with it on my own given the quality I've received already.
Quote:
Quote: No replies from CyberLink to this forum or support tickets. Laugh. Looks like I am going to pick up TMT.

Downloaded PowerDVD9, yesterday, I also have the same problem, BUT letterbox can be changed if you go in cinema mode. But the you have to control the mediacenter with at mouse and not the remote. So i hope Cyberlink can fix the problem

I don't have the MCE Remote. I can change to Cinema Mode but it's still disabled. After you change to Cinema, can you immediately change the Aspect Ratio control? If so, does it then go to full screen?
No replies from CyberLink to this forum or support tickets. Laugh. Looks like I am going to pick up TMT.
Pics
http://www.shawnaugust.com/IMG_0573.jpg

http://www.shawnaugust.com/IMG_0574.jpg

http://www.shawnaugust.com/IMG_0575.jpg
Quote: Very strange. Maybe try different monitor setups in MCE just to see what happens. It sounds like you have the same problem I had - a border around the edge that's needed for older tube TVs called an overscan area.

-AJ

Correct. I have a 52" LCD and it fills up about 85% of it with a black border around the outside. It fills the entire window frame of MCE (Frame with the MINIMIZE/CLOSE buttons reside within the upper right corner) whereas standard DVD full fill the ENTIRE screen. It's killing me.
Quote: My aspect is locked on letterbox too.

What version of PDVD are you running?

-AJ

PowerDVD 9 current version
Quote: Settings - TV - Configure your TV or monitor. Make sure to select 16:9 aspect. The flat screen monitor fixed my problem.

Lucky. It didn't fix mine.

Quote:
In the PowerDVD MCE plugin, Settings - Display Settings, aspect ratio is set to letterbox and can't be changed. Is that what you mean?

Yes, what about yours?

Quote:
You may have to change some settings in PowerDVD outside of MCE.

-AJ

Not sure what to change. It's set for FULL SCREEN and it displays as such outside of MCE. It seems like another PowerDVD bug.
Quote: Solved. The solution is to set your display type to "Flat Screen" instead of TV then the overscan correction area goes away.

-AJ

"Display" as in MCE's Display within Configure Your TV?

I did that and the "Aspect Ratio" is still disabled and set to "Letterbox" and the picture does not full the entire screen.
PowerDVD 9 has this feature but it's a bit buggy and doesn't support 16X9. Only letterbox.
I see I am not the only problem with this.

Go to "Settings" and confirm the "Aspect Ratio" drop down control is "Letterbox" and is disabled.

I put in two support tickets but they can't seem to understand the problem. Given there is like *4* settings within the plug-in, I find that funny.
I have the same problem within MCE plug-in.
Go to: