Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"the Jimbo" here. Got same lock-up as others with all my BLU RAY discs after installing patch 2705. Prior patch dated 12/20/2008 was OK. My graphics driver is up to date ( for nVidia GTX 280 ) and my firmware is OK ( my device is LITEON-IT model DH-4B1S ).

Cyberlink tech support sent me a "help" message that caused me lots of grief. Had me screw-up my registry, and they gave me an expired username and password to access an intermediate patch. Never got to it !

So, I uninstalled POWER DVD 8 ultra, rebotted, then re-installed POWER DVD 8, then re-applied patch dated 12/20/2008, with filename = CyberLink.2217aU_TaRe38_DVD081201-06.exe
My BLU RAY discs play OK now. P.S. I skipped "Moovielive" install.

Was lucky to have saved patch 2217. Did not see it anywhere on the CYBERLINK patch list ever since 2705 came out.

Sent 2 more messages to tech support, notifying them of my "fix", asking them "... is patch 2705 needed", and they did not answer.

Maybe CYBERLINK is hoping we all get so frustrated that we'll buy POWER DVD 9 ! Good luck to that !

I have pretty much given up trying to get help from CYBERLINK tech support, and I must concur with others that I will not buy another CYBERLINK product.

Am shopping for different reliable software (BLU RAY burner/player and other media, DVD'sand CD's) with responsive tech support that knows their product and has tested it on more than one BLU RAY player.
Go to: