Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are there any updates to this issue? From time to time, I come across some BluRay titles which work however it's extremely frustrating when nothing works.
Unfortunately, there is still no fix to this issue. I've been trying to get this issue cleared up since early April as well as many others in the forum. I've sent messages to Cyberlink support only to get a response a week apart. In the end, I'm told that the developers know of the issue and I have to wait and check for the latest updates for a fix.

In general, BluRay is pissing me off. First, it was the standard DVD's not working on some older DVD players (sometimes a month old), now it's the BluRays with there constant updates and now software manufacturers having to keep up with them. It's too frustrating!

In the end, I'm going to have to agree with Elst but I think it should also be kept in mind that because of BluRay's constant updates, we may find ourselves forced to upgrade our software products to play newer BluRay's in the future.
I'm still waiting for a response. I'm using Power DVD version 7.03.5113.

Are they supposed to respond in 24 hours or 24 - 48 hours?

This seems like a pretty important issue as people cannot view new titles, right?
Brian,

I forgot to mention that. I tried an older BluRay title after the update and it did not work for me as well. I was considering rolling back but I figured I'd keep looking for an answer through the forums first and then send an e-mail directly to Cyberlink.

Hopefully we'll find the answer soon.

Brian,

I just upgraded last week and have the exact same issue after popping in "The Day the Earth Stood Still". I spoke with LG as they are the ones who provided Cyberlink Power DVD 7 and they think that it's a Cyberlink issue. I was suggested to check the forums, knowledgebase and if necessary contact them. They feel that the issue has nothing to do with there player or firmware.

First, I popped the BluRay DVD into my PS3 just to find out that its drive won't load any of my games, DVD's or BluRays. The LG was supposed to be a back up.

This is so frustrating that I'm having trouble with both and worse, I can't call Cyberlink for phone support without paying for it?! I haven't had the software for over a year yet.

Hopefully, I'll find my answer here in the forums and if not, I'll send Cyberlink an e-mail. However for future software purchases, Cyberlink is not an ideal choice.
Go to: