Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I noticed update to build 2815 today and decided I'd see if their new patch fixed the problems I described above. Apparently, Cyberlink has improved upon its bug creation capabilities! With build 2815, Power DVD 8 Ultra crashes not long after I start the app up - with or without a disc in the drive.

Nice job, Cyberlink. Not only have you not addressed any issues, you've made them worse.

Reverted to my last functioning build version, and everything's fine again.
Amazing responses from Cyberlink so far on my issues. Their suggested steps to fix the problem still didn't resolve anything. I wrote back and told them I was still left with a brick of a product, and it has been almost a week now without a response.

Congrats, Cyberlink... you've lost another customer.
This issue still isn't resolved. Tech support is about the slowest I've seen, and has requested my proof of purchase twice in the process. Submitted it both times, and now, instead of getting another response to again prove that I paid for their software, Cyberlink has just stopped replying. Looking at this forum and seeing how widespread the complaints are about the latest updates for most versions of PowerDVD, I'm not surprised.

Either Cyberlink is apathetic, or severely understaffed. Either way, they cannot expect to have a lot of return business without at least acknowledging that they're working on the problem.

If someone knows where I can download the previous build update patch, please let me know. I must have deleted it from my system for some strange reason.
Yeah, I'm usually hording release updates on my machine. For some reason, I must have deleted it. Go figure.

I'd REALLY love to go back to build 2521, which worked terrific for me.

I've gone an rechecked my drivers, even applied the most recent DirectX update from MS. I just don't get it. What a horrible update.

Cyberlink support finally got back to me (only took 3 days to get to the support ticket) and refused to answer my question until I supplied proof of my purchase. Nevermind that all they had to do was review my support ticket history and see that I had supplied one the last time I had an issue with their product. Regardless, I sent a copy of my invoice to them, and I'm now on day 2 since that happened. Maybe they'll choose to help me now? Horrible support. Having worked for one, I'm all for giving software companies the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bad releases, but this level of support is ridiculous.

No joy. All the drivers for my Dell Inspiron 1720 are current. Even checked the graphics driver. All good on the current drivers front.

Just so you know, I'm not a numbnut, either. I'm an experienced Windows device driver developer.

PowerDVD 8 Ultra build 2705 is still a brick for me. It'd be nice if they posted a link for the previous build version so I can actually watch my latest rentals.
Oh, wow. So, the blu ray format not supported error message in build 2705 is at least a step up from what happens when I insert a regular old DVD. When I do that, PowerDVD 8 Ultra 2705 just crashes.

Vista SP1, btw.

With tech support taking this long, Cyberlink needs to realize it is alienating a once satisfied customer. Oh yeah, the "upgrade to PowerDVD 9" message isn't something I'm willing to consider at all at this point.
Power DVD 8 Ultra 2705 now tells me that the Blu Ray disc in my drive has an unsupported format. Way to go on the testing Cyberlink.

I have uninstalled, re-installed, and re-patched. Same deal. Does anyone have a link to the previous patch so I can get this program working again?
2705 patch definitely killed blu ray playback on my machine. I'm pretty ticked.
Go to: