Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have read that CyberLink is going to support the requested feature. My question is when? Is there a time frame or road map that CyberLink has announced for this feature? I would really enjoy this feature and i think it truly makes the product more appealing.

This would move PowerDVD to the top of my list (Compared to their competitors, WinDVD, Arcsoft, etc.)
Thanks for sharing your support posts Robinson, this is exactly what i was looking for. I have been doing lots of reading before purchasing my htpc to verify what exactly would happen with my audio. PowerDVD verified it. I understand what they are saying. If you have a protected audio path then they can support TureHD Dolby and DTS-HD MA, but without that the AACS standard requires that they downsample, so people cannot potentially copy, bit for bit, HD audio. Sorry i have no answer for your original question. But if you are looking for more info on the protected path then check out this avs form. The links within the form shed some good light. AnandTech has some extremely good articles on this exact stuff (downsampling, AACS, HDCP, and HD Audio out a DVI port).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1063410

Chad
Go to: