Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Dafydd:

Its my 1st DSLR camera and not to sure how RAW files worked. So normally RAW is to play more with a certian software BEFORE saving as a JPEG file?

Thanks again for your time,

Jay
Hello:

I have a question. I have been useing a HF S100 for some time with no problems with my machine keeping up with video and end quality.

I do have a Q .... Im looking into the Canon T2i and was wondering about this camera and video in RAW footage and PD 8. Any problems, or tips for working with this RAW format for best quality footage?

Thanks in adavnce
I have PD8 DE and I would use the "Old movie" effect. It has many options to change for a great old time movie look.
I have used both and the only time I have a problem is when i use my VHS burn to DVD recorder. It will work on the same TV its hooked up to, but it will not work on my panasonic DVD 5 disk player.

Go figure.... Technology
I hear ya... PD8 Delux is running fine on my machine. When I 1st got PD8 it was the same thing with new patches and glitches. But I will give it time, but really looking forward to 9Ultra.
Thanks for the info.

I have yet to have any problems with PD 8 Delux. Not sure 8 Ultra is even worth the change over. I was just thinking 9 Ultra would be a more updrage (if all was running good) as to 8 Ultra from 8 Delux.

I will wait untill bugs are gone.
Sounds like great advice from from people that been their done that already.

I may just stick with PD8 delux for now and as you guys said "wait out the storm"...

Not mocking PD9, but all new software needs their ginni pigs to help fix new program glitches.

Thanks guys/gals

Jay
Hello:

Can I download a trial version of PD 9 ultra even though I have 8 delux already? I am looking into the 9 ultra and just want to test ride it first.

Thanks,

JMK
Thats how I changed the 4:3 to 16:9 whitout even realizing this work around and worked fine for me to.

I did alot of trial and error with this program and some worked and some didnt. As much as I been playing this VES is all I need to make great vid's for friends and family and dont need to be schooled to figure out how it works. Worth the $$$ for a VES program. BUT I have to say since I got a quad core with extra everything built in I have a TON less freezes and crashed, or error messages to a point its realy fun to work with.

A good system is a plus for ANY VES program in my eyes.

Play and have fun....

I'm sure it can be done with masking and a few other tools.

If the video will be moving it will get tricky I'm sure.
Now thats a little deeper then I have gotten into video editing.

For the quick vid I did for this was a frame taken from http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/

Added my video to 1st PIP track and this frame to the second PIP track and modify the 1st PIP to move the video into the screen to fit.

Pretty simple.

Have fun...
Try this URL for a short video of what I think you were talking about. If it is it just the frame which is at an angle to make it look like its looking from the side. Eyes playing tricks on you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBgk-Ft7HI

Have fun...
I'm shooting a Canon HF S100 which I bought used on eBay for around 625.00, but this came with a bunch of extras. I seen some with the cam alone were seeling for JUST over $500.00. Cant beat this cam I think. I like it because it takes a great 8mp pic as well as great video. Some say the pic's arent that good, but I use some for my screen savor and they look great.

1 on right now Item number: 280552437281

Take a look.
I was just testing myself after viewing this post due to I never thought what my system was really capable of.

So I took all 9 PIP tracks and added video to each one as well as the top timeline video track and I was amazed that it played fine with just a couple lags when the audio came into play on the videos. I think the audio confused my system more by trying to get different audio playing at the same time then running all video.

Also, it didnt crash or freeze up.

I'm have a quad core 1tb HD running factory settings (not overclocked) with a ATI 5450 HD card. running Win 7 64 OS.

I think the most PIP tracks I ever used way 5.
I think as far as I read on here that ONLY PD8Ultra can do BR discs. I know because I had asked this Q some time ago when I was trying to get info on DVD as to BR. I will be upgrading to Ultra soon I'm sure, but at this time no family or freinds even moved up to BR players.
Chris:

I may be able to help with a few of your Q's.

I would say to save in MPEG2 for stamndard DVD rendering and set on high quality. This will be the best quality for standard DVDs if not rendering for BR. I was told for best quality use best possible settings from the start on your camera or camcorder, this will insure best possible quality vids.

As for PS3, dont know.

Good luck & have fun....... I do...
Hello Kathy:

I just did a test but I had some videos on DVD-R, not sure if DVD-RW will work. All I did was slap the DVD in and right clicked on my E drive, click copy and paste in C drive. Opened PD8 and imported the video file and WALA it was in the timeline. Did it white 2 DVD's and was still able to burn a DVD with scenes.

I never tried this before with already produced videos. I was nervice because 1 of those DVD's was produced with PD7 about 2yrs ago.

I just learned something new today.... Dont need to try anymore for today...LOL
Hey Kevin:

Yes, it does work to fill the screen, but stretches the video a bit. This would work great if you wanted to use 4, 6, 8 videos like a video wall and be sure to fill entire TV safe zone.
PIP tracks.

You can add up to 9 PIP tracks for videoand pictures, and only add effects from effects room, no transitions can be dragged to PIP tracks.
I cant remember exactally, but I seen on this forum a few topics about video/audio sync. What I rememeber is something about cutting down a transition time less then 1sec was causing this to happen. I'm not sure if it was a specific transtion or any transition.

I'm sure someone will chime in and either correct me, or tell me I was close.

Go to: