Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It was Comodo Firewall!! Hope this helps someone. Comodo Firewall and PowerDVD 9 don't get along. Even though I had it set as a trusted app, something was conflicting somewhere because when I uninstalled Comodo everything worked again. Any free firewall recommendations now that I can't use Comodo?
Well yeah but then you can't use it. You have to put in an activation key to make Ultra work...which I need to test Blu-Ray functionality. I think you get like 15 though so I have plenty more.
It wasn't AVG. I like your idea Martin but don't I only get a limited number of uses for my CD-key?
UPDATE: So I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Vista (32 bit). The only things I did before installing PDVD 9 were apply all the updates and install my nvidia drivers and creative drivers (along with firefox). Then I installed PDVD 9 and it worked!!! However, I then installed AVG, Comodo Firewall, speedfan, coretemp, thunderbird, and riva tuner and now I'm back to the same problems. Can anyone think of which app is causing this?
Yeah I've been honest the entire time. This IS what's going on. I hope this thread grows 500 pages long!
My saga continues. I demand my money back and they respond be telling me to turn my resolution down from 1920x1200 to 1080x1200 or whatever the 1080p computer resolution is. I hate them with a fiery passion. I hate them with all that hate I have in my person. I want my 50 bucks back and I never want to hear from this terrible company again.
They've reported they've addressed our issues Bignickfly? Really? That'd probably be nice for them to report that to me as well through their own support system...you know...so I could fix my broken product. Hmmm....

Edit

Whoops...forgot the issue the link addressed was the virus thing...not my issue. So ignore my above post.
I smell a lawsuit...
Don't expect any useful help though. They may tell you something like "Try turning off your virus protection"
I couldn't believe it! I literally sat there for a second with my jaw open. How does that make any sense?!

edit

That's like me going for help because my car stereo won't play CD's and the guy asks "Did you try turning it down?"
Wow so CL just got back to me and their "solution" was to lower my resolution from 1920x1200 to 1024x768. How does that make any sense at all when everything worked fine at that resolution in 7 Ultra. These guys are terrible!
yeah it installs with CL's installer and I just checked my programs list and there it is
UAC is turned off. I reinstalled it three different times, this last time I used an installer that tech support provided me with. Same results. Latest drivers, latest directx, latest everything.

Apparently tech support doesn't like my problem anymore either. They asked me to upload their BD Advisor and dxdiag info 4 days ago and haven't responded. I LOVE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IT MAKES ME FEEL SO APPRECIATED!!
There seems to be little hope Vedim...I'm pretty sure us forum users know more about the issue then CL and we certainly care more. Hopefully someone from the community can solve the problems. Can't count on them to do it that's for sure.
CL's answer was reinstall the software. Oh...I hadn't thought of that...that wasn't the first, second, and third thing I did. I want my money back!
Yeah I'm starting to really wish I had done my research first. I had such a great experience with 7 I just assumed 9 would be just as good...my bad I guess...
Since support is so slow I was wondering if any of you fine forum users could help me. I upgraded from 7 Ultra to 9 Ultra and can't really use 9 at all. I can't play DVD's, a Blu-Ray that played fine in 7 isn't playable in 9 and I can't select the video tab under config in 9. If I do any of those things the program aborts. Any help?
Go to: