Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This seems to be a recurring problem with PowerDVD. I had the same problem. In fact, it has been a problem from day one after buying CyberLink applications. I first bought the updrade version of PowerDVD9 Ultra, but I had problems with divx and avi files, have audio but no video. So I submitted problem to customer service. Their solution was to have me download another build of the application. This did not resolve the video issue, so I bought the full version of PowerDVD9 Ultra, this did not resolve the video issue. So again, I submitted the problem to customer service, no solution. So I submitted, the problem to FORUM, the problem was resolved immediately by Robinson (see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6032.page. )

Now I have problems with CyberLink trying to charge me for duplicate orders that I did not place. I am now afraid to buy any applications from CyberLink. I’ll go back to Nero.
This seems to be a recurring problem with PowerDVD. I had the same problem. In fact, it has been a problem from day one after buying CyberLink applications. I first bought the updrade version of PowerDVD9 Ultra, but I had problems with divx and avi files, have audio but no video. So I submitted problem to customer service. Their solution was to have me download another build of the application. This did not resolve the video issue, so I bought the full version of PowerDVD9 Ultra, this did not resolve the video issue. So again, I submitted the problem to customer service, no solution. So I submitted, the problem to FORUM, the problem was resolved immediately by Robinson (see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6032.page. )

Now I have problems with CyberLink trying to charge me for duplicate orders that I did not place. I am now afraid to buy any applications from CyberLink. I’ll go back to Nero.

Thank you Robinson, you solved my avi and divx video problem.

As a side note, the cldshowx.ini file has the CLH264DEC line as a comment.

;3EAE534B-A98F-4452-8F2A-4BCA1CD4F319=CLSID_CLH264DEC ;CL264Dec.ax

Is this correct?

THANKS AGAIN!!
I am having problems with both full and upgrade versions of PowerDVD9 Ultra. When I try to play avi and divx files on version 9 Ultra I get audio but no video. When I play the same files on version 8 (PowerDVDStudio7 Ultra) I have no problem with the video. Yes I purchased the upgrade 1st and installed it (it does not uninstall version8 ) then I went ahead and purchased the full version; with the same video problem. I have tried support and no solution to my problem. As a dide note, I have no problems with avi or divx files on WMP11, Nero9, or PowerDVD8.
Go to: