Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Both computers that I have tried to install PowerDirector in have runtime errors when trying to produce or burn a project. I have e-mailed technical support multiple times and not received any answers that worked. They just keep sending the same thing:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with run time error message in PowerDirector software.

We request you to please uninstall the PowerDirector software and then please disable UAC function that solve this issue.

Please follow the steps given below to disable UAC:

1) Point to Start --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> System Configuration --> Tools --> Select Disable UAC --> then Click "Launch" button.

2) Reboot your computer.

3) Update the VGA / Sound card drivers on your computer in this regard you may contact your computer manufacturer to provide you the updated drivers for your computer.

4) Reinstall the PowerDirector software on your computer.

5) In order to avoid most of the compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software when you use PowerDirector.

I have re-installed this program at least a dozen times and followed these directions exactly and still cant get it to work. Can anyone help?
Where is the new build for PowerDirector 7? When you go to downloads, only version 6 and lower show updates.
Every time I try and produce or create a disc on my computer running 64-bit Vista, I get a runtime error. I have the latest build installed (27something). Why wont it work?
How do I get an older build of Powerdirector 7 that doesn't have issues with shaky video? Both the 2519 and the new 27 something build have the problem, and when I uninstall and try on whatever build came out of the box, the problem is still there. Is there a way to get access to an older build so I can make movies that don't look like there is an earthquake happening in the background? From all of the posts that I have read, the older builds don't have the problem of shaky video.
Go to: