Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

i recently upgraded from an old nvidia 610 to the new 1060 and a problem appeared:

When a bluray folder is played and subtitles (any inbuild sub - not external) is selected after some secs the image in the lower area of the screen gets scrumbled, artifacts appear and there is some kind of heavy banding.

When I disable the subs image is OK

I tried changing every setting (including hardware acceleration) in pdvd but no luck.

When installing back my old nvidia 610 (same driver), everything is OK

Problem is there with both 1907 and 2011 pdvd 16 ultra versions as well as nvidia 372.54 and 372.70 drivers

I am running Win 10 Pro 64 - Anniversary Edition (clean install)

I am guessing that something is wrong with pdvd 16 and the new nvidia 10XX series

Anyone with similar problem / configuration?
Even without Xonar 1.3, TMT does DTS HD MA decoding which PDVD never did (although advertised it – what a fraud!).

By using Reclock and TMT ver. <.125 you get bit-exact audio (no downsample of course).

I use Xonar with latest firmware with no 24p or lip-sync problems. My VGA is ATI 4870.

More can be found in avsforum or slysoft forum.
Quote: Any resolution here?

Yea right....

Solution is simple: After buying PDVD 7-8-9, I moved to Arcsoft + Asus Xonar 1.3 -> got bitstream and forgot about crappy PDVD and Cyberlink who don't respect their clients.
2.18 ATI HDMI Drivers Out

Let's see if they fix the audio issues (although I really doubt it – especially since the problems are there for Nvidia users also).
Since the problem is there also with Nvidia cards, Cyberlink obviously didn’t care to ever run PDVD 9 one time in a PC
Already known problem (verified by many users) :

Setup: Vista 32, ATI 4870 - Catalyst 9.2, Realtek 2.13 for ATI, HDMI Connection with a Pioneer SC-LX 90 Susano receiver and 7.1 speakers.

My main problem is that when setting powerdvd to decode multichannel audio streams to LPCM I am getting sound only from my 2 Front speakers!

Actually the output is not the stereo stream but it rather sounds like a ‘crazy’ mix of the original stream (ex. dialogues are coming only from the Front Right speaker).

With the same settings / drivers etc both PDVD 7 and 8 play fine (of course with the well known restrictions) all multi channel streams.

When checking speaker mapping from Vista everything is OK.

My receiver has 8 LEDs each one lighting up when the corresponding input channel is active and all of them light up when PDVD starts.

I also noticed that now, under Audio Settings, there is only the ‘USE HDMI’ option and not the options for ‘2-8 speakers’ (which were available in PDVD 7-8 versions and worked the same way as the ‘Use HDMI’ option in PDVD 8 (solving also btw the Rear – Side speaker mounting problems – totally different situation compared to the current one)).

I also noticed that, during playback, the Info tab shows my Sound Card ‘Realtek HDMI Multichannel Output’ but the status is ‘Not in Use’.

I re-checked / re-installed everything (also set Speaker config through Vista at 5.1) and I can only assume that the guys at Cyberlink worked their magic for one more time.

Just to add that the problem is there with all multichannel audio streams (DTS HD MA, DD TrueHD, LPCM).

Some ISO’s indeed don’t work (not all of them).

I cannot get anything else than stereo using my 4870 HDMI card in Vista 32 (works in PDVD 7/8 ).

I think that DTS HD Master Audio was never there. Don’t mind what PDVD 8 Ultra mentioned in the specs.

I run several tests with PDVD 8 Ultra and concluded that DTS MA decoding is not working (and most probably we are still being served good old DTS CORE).

This is verified from other sources.

This is obviously the reason why DTS HD Master Audio support was ‘removed’ from PDVD 9.

We are paying for the 3rd time (v 7, 8 and 9) for approx the same product (we still don’t know if bitstream will work with Auzentech card – no info in specs).

After buying PDVD 7 – 8 – 9 (all Ultra), I tried my best not to say this but: Way to go Cyberlink!

Go to: