Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Ultra - ATI 4000 SERIES HDMI AUDIO PROBLEM
spcav [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 08:06 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Already known problem (verified by many users) :

Setup: Vista 32, ATI 4870 - Catalyst 9.2, Realtek 2.13 for ATI, HDMI Connection with a Pioneer SC-LX 90 Susano receiver and 7.1 speakers.

My main problem is that when setting powerdvd to decode multichannel audio streams to LPCM I am getting sound only from my 2 Front speakers!

Actually the output is not the stereo stream but it rather sounds like a ‘crazy’ mix of the original stream (ex. dialogues are coming only from the Front Right speaker).

With the same settings / drivers etc both PDVD 7 and 8 play fine (of course with the well known restrictions) all multi channel streams.

When checking speaker mapping from Vista everything is OK.

My receiver has 8 LEDs each one lighting up when the corresponding input channel is active and all of them light up when PDVD starts.

I also noticed that now, under Audio Settings, there is only the ‘USE HDMI’ option and not the options for ‘2-8 speakers’ (which were available in PDVD 7-8 versions and worked the same way as the ‘Use HDMI’ option in PDVD 8 (solving also btw the Rear – Side speaker mounting problems – totally different situation compared to the current one)).

I also noticed that, during playback, the Info tab shows my Sound Card ‘Realtek HDMI Multichannel Output’ but the status is ‘Not in Use’.

I re-checked / re-installed everything (also set Speaker config through Vista at 5.1) and I can only assume that the guys at Cyberlink worked their magic for one more time.

Just to add that the problem is there with all multichannel audio streams (DTS HD MA, DD TrueHD, LPCM).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2009 11:33

Aaron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2009 11:35 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I've got the same problem with nVidia 9400 graphics and Realtek 885 audio chipset. Both are officially supported with the latest drivers. PowerDVD won't pass undecoded audio on to my A/V receiver over hdmi. It changes the audio output settings on it's own and then decodes it itself outputting crappy 2-channel sound.
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Got the message from support team.
CyberLink support reported the issue to RD team.
spcav [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since the problem is there also with Nvidia cards, Cyberlink obviously didn’t care to ever run PDVD 9 one time in a PC
spcav [Avatar]
[Post New]
2.18 ATI HDMI Drivers Out

Let's see if they fix the audio issues (although I really doubt it – especially since the problems are there for Nvidia users also).
Aaron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2009 11:35 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I received a reply from my support request. This issue is a bug, and they hope to have an update for it shortly.
Kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2009 18:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Well I hope it's real "shortly" as I have the same problem with a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard that has an NVidia 9400 chipset and I just paid for this software yesterday.
Lucio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2009 11:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
wow i thought i was the only one having this problem.

I am using the HDMI port on a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H motherboard

lets get moving CL
Gorenox [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2009 19:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Any resolution here?
spcav [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Any resolution here?

Yea right....

Solution is simple: After buying PDVD 7-8-9, I moved to Arcsoft + Asus Xonar 1.3 -> got bitstream and forgot about crappy PDVD and Cyberlink who don't respect their clients.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2009 10:49

Gorenox [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2009 19:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Asus Xonar ? For 229.99 I might as well buy a blu-ray player.
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Any resolution here?

Yea right....

Solution is simple: After buying PDVD 7-8-9, I moved to Arcsoft + Asus Xonar 1.3 -> got bitstream and forgot about crappy PDVD and Cyberlink who don't respect their clients.

Does your combination work fine at 24p without audio/video sync problems? Is lip sync always perfect? Which graphics card do you use?

Thanks!
spcav [Avatar]
[Post New]
Even without Xonar 1.3, TMT does DTS HD MA decoding which PDVD never did (although advertised it – what a fraud!).

By using Reclock and TMT ver. <.125 you get bit-exact audio (no downsample of course).

I use Xonar with latest firmware with no 24p or lip-sync problems. My VGA is ATI 4870.

More can be found in avsforum or slysoft forum.
Jeffrey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2009 21:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H here with sony DG720 reciever and Vista Premium 32.

Same Issues.

Time for a refund.
Kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2009 18:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H here with sony DG720 reciever and Vista Premium 32.

Same Issues.

Time for a refund.

Already requested my refund and when to TMT3